We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours and day excursions in Negril

San Francisco...
10 posts
Save Topic
Tours and day excursions in Negril

Hello Everyone!

We are coming for a week stay on the cliffs starting Tuesday September 21st. My boyfriend and I want to do some day trips. We were looking into YS Falls, Black River Safari, and the Pelican Bar. I saw that we could do this all in one day or separate with Clives and Alfred does some of this as well. Should we book these types of trips in advance before we arrive or is it not a big deal to do it once we are there? Also, can anyone recommend the best company to go with. Any other great places that you've been that we should check out? We didn't do any trips the last time we were there and we wanted to do some more exploring this time around. Thanks for any and all advice!

Tessica25

Mentioned in this post
YS Falls
YS Falls
1,755 Reviews
Jamaica
Black River
Black River
359 Reviews
Jamaica
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
447 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours and day excursions in Negril

You don't have to book before you fly out for your trip but you will likely need to book a day in advance. Appleton's Rum Factory is something else you could work into a day trip with Pelican Bar.

Mentioned in this post
Pelican Bar
Pelican Bar
293 Reviews
Jamaica
Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours and day excursions in Negril

We used chukka caribbean when we were there & enjoyed the tours & service. Here's a link w/ some of the tours they offer

http://www.chukkacaribbean.com/jamaica.php

Have a great time :)

jamaica
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours and day excursions in Negril

hi you can try paradisevacationsjamaica.com they will give u a good price. they are very reasonable.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours and day excursions in Negril

You should plan in advance but don't pay in advance. Some places do not refund your money if you are not feeling up to your trip the day you planned.

I think sometimes its okay to fly by the seat of your pants than plan out everything and not have it go the way you wanted.

Anyway YS is very beautiful you will enjoy.

SKELMERSDALE
Level Contributor
721 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours and day excursions in Negril

TRACY NEGRIL <negriltracy@aol.com>; If you email tracy she does all the bookings for ALFRED we do all our trips through him if he collects you from the airport $60 each way but book one trip with him and the return trip is free here is ALFREDS NUMBER if you want to call him once you arrive 8768548016 if you want to call him b4 you leave 001 in front TELL HIM SHAUN IN THE WHEELCHAIR gave you all the info

Edited: 16 September 2010, 08:36
Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
447 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours and day excursions in Negril

I agree with NieNie. We often will plan all of this stuff to do on vacation but it all changes once we get there. I find this happens even more at a first-time destination. On our last trip we planned to do several things but then ended up doing none of them due to major sand gravity.

Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours and day excursions in Negril

I would email ahead a few drivers to get quotes for the tour you've chosen....this will give you a general idea of the prices that are out there & which driver might make you feel most comfortable. Some drivers quote based on the drive only....others quote with the entrance fees and boat ride included.

You don't have to book ahead as it's slow season right now.

If I'm not driving myself my favorite driver/tour guide is Kenny (876-384-1371) or he can easily be reached at kennyjamaica@gmail.com.

San Francisco...
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tours and day excursions in Negril

Thank you everyone for your helpful responses! I have emailed a few people and I am just awaiting replies. I think we will wait to arrange everything once we are there but I agree that it is better to get prices etc before arriving. Thanks again :-)

Tessica25

9. Re: Tours and day excursions in Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2011, 05:16