We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at Couples Swept Away

Hamilton, Ontario...
Level Contributor
532 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Rooms at Couples Swept Away

Hi everyone, I am trying to decide on which room to book at CSA. I just looked on one site and it said the atrium suites have a t.v. and then another one said it didn't. My husband would die without a t.v. (sad I know), but could someone clarify this for me? Also which room would you recommend to stay in, having a real hard time deciding! I understand there is an older section and newer more hotel like section, that being said which one is the nicest. We would like a nice a view of the beach if possible but not a must. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks so much everyone.

Robyn

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at Couples Swept Away

Atrium have NO TV, but they are said to be the most romantic and are very popular. Any room with the word verandah will have a tv and will be on the newer side of the resort where there are 12 rooms to a block. All the rooms now have a minibar. I personally have only stayed in the verandah rooms (garden, ocean, and beachfront) as the hubs neeeds a tv. If you can swing it a beachfront verandah is great as you are steps from the sand.

Greathouse suites are the newest and most like a hotel...some have jacuzzis some not. It all depends on what you are looking for. All the verandah rooms are the same on the inside it's just different location in the resort. I would look at the interactive map on couples.com

Edited: 07 November 2010, 22:36
Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
612 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at Couples Swept Away

As EinWI says - it just depends what you are looking for. We always stay in an Atrium Suite and I can confirm that they do NOT have TVs. Any rooms in the Great House or rooms with Verandah in their name are in the new section (ok - there are now some Garden Verandahs that are in the "old" section - just to confuse you!). We prefer the "old" section but many prefer the "new" . Again, as EinWI says take a look at the Couples Website (and the message board) it should help you to make a choice. Which ever you chose, I'm sure you will enjoy CSA - we've travelled all over and have paid more than double, but CSA is still our favourite winter get away.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at Couples Swept Away

>>Any room with the word verandah will have a tv and will be on the newer side

???

>>Any room with the word verandah will have a tv and >>""will be on the newer side""<<

Sorry but not true...

But what do I know ?

If you want to read old information & proclaim to always be correct I feel no need to proceed with current & accurate info & be subject to such needless stupidity...

I'm just sorry Robyn_Lynne has to be given false information on such a easy question.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at Couples Swept Away

Robyn_Lynne While the beach view is nice, it is along a very busy pathway. The Garden views while nearest to the road & you may hear cars & cars beeping their horn ect, they are quite nice & off the main walkways to your room.. The new section is a three story, the old two. The old section "atrium" used to "not" have a TV, now they do... The only rooms without are the beach front rooms which is a very limited room cat..

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms at Couples Swept Away

I am not going to argue with you on every post I was just there in April.

Here are the room categories

Beachfront, ocean, garden, and greathouse verandahs...they are all on the new-er side and all have the same room layout. The old garden suites (on the original side) are now garden verandahs as they now have tvs and mini bars. The beachfront suites, and atrium suites are on the original side...atriums have no tv and all rooms have mini bars. As well as all the garden verandah suites are in the process of or have been soundproofed. The greathouse jacuzzi suites are in the greathouse of course and have a full on ocean view.

Edited: 08 November 2010, 00:24
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,803 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms at Couples Swept Away

Description of Atrium room from Couples website

<<Atrium Suites --- VIEW ROOM

Rooms with a view of lush tropical gardens. All rooms air conditioned with ceiling fan, King Bed, shower, telephone, IPOD/MP3 player, bathrobes, blow dryer, safety deposit box, stocked mini-bar, balcony/terrace with hammock. Nightly turndown service. Located in the center of the property, 1st or 2nd floor, each villa has 4 Suites.>>

No TV.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms at Couples Swept Away

Thank you Leyland. :)

As stated atrium and beachfront suites have no tv.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
784 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rooms at Couples Swept Away

NO tv in Atrium Suites or Beachfront Suites. TV's in every other room category. Love the Atrium Suites!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
784 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rooms at Couples Swept Away

Should have added to my post that even though I love the atrium suites, if your husband has to have a tv, I'd recommend either the beachfront vernadah(if price isn't an issue) or ocean verandah.

Level Contributor
641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Rooms at Couples Swept Away

also ALL our Garden view categories have TV and Mini Bar

Gary stephens

VP Operations

COUPLES resorts