We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

no pool at Country, Country

Minnesota
Level Contributor
100 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
no pool at Country, Country

We are staying at Country, Country in January. Daughter is disappointed that there's no pool. Is there a resort nearby that would allow the use of their pool if we buy drinks, etc there?

Yes, I know the ocean is right there but sometimes it feels good to jump into fresh water!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: no pool at Country, Country

Next door is the Negril Treehouse with a pool.

I do not know their official policy on letting non-guests use it but it is worth asking - perhaps if you have lunch or drinks their they would allow it?

Margaritaville is on the other side of Country Country and they have a huge water trampoline and water vollyball net - perhaps your daughter won't be so disappointed if she is allowed to play over there? (no pool at Mville). Just a thought...

Edited: 13 November 2010, 15:31
minnesota
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: no pool at Country, Country

no NEED at all for having a pool in negril....she will LOVE the ocean !

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: no pool at Country, Country

I have a feeling she will get over the "no pool thing" once she sees the calm and gorgeous water in front of her on the beach. Pack an inflatable floatie or noodle for her to use.(I am sure you are on this already ;~})

Deadwood, South...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: no pool at Country, Country

Yes, agree with yamangurl. Check out the water trampoline at Margaritaville. My kids spent hours on it and was a good place for them meet other kids as well.

prince albert
Level Contributor
439 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: no pool at Country, Country

And how do you spell "spoiled"?

Sorry, one of the nicest beaches in the world along the beautiful warm and calm caribbean sea - "Mom, there's no pool!!"

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: no pool at Country, Country

I agree that Margaritaville's water trampoline is worth hours of enjoyment! Your daughter may also enjoy some time spent at Kool Runnings Water Park, which is closeby. See www.koolrunnings.com

I like the pool at Tree House--nothing fancy, but it and its deck set high overlooking the beach. You can sit in the hot tub and enjoy watching people walking by on the beach. I don't know their policies if not staying there, but I would bet they're fairly relaxed with your purchase of food/drinks at their restaurant. They also serve a very nice jerk chicken platter at lunch. I don't think you'll be disappointed with Country Country--don't change your plans due to this small hitch which can be overcome with some adjustments!

Deadwood, South...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: no pool at Country, Country

Oh, geez, Sandman! Don't be so quick to judge! When my kids were little, they loved playing in the sand but preferred to swim in a pool. Not a big deal!

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: no pool at Country, Country

You could also take her to Kool Runnings if she likes waterslides.

www.koolrunnings.com/index.php

Poster said daughter was disappointed no pool at Country Country "spoiled" comment rather unfair!

Country Country is a very nice place, enjoy. When we stayed at CC we also understood we could use Tree House pool with a purchase.

prince albert
Level Contributor
439 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: no pool at Country, Country

Sorry about my "spoiled" comment. But when I was a kid my parents couldn't afford to take us on such a vacation. I would have been ecstatic just to be going anywhere.

Long Beach, NY
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: no pool at Country, Country

LOL Sandman, I thought the same thing as you.