We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews....

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
451 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews....

I was just reading through some reviews of Couples Negril and decided to read through the ones which were not that great. After just returning from there, i wanted to see what people had to say to make their stay there so terrible.

I can't believe how some people exaggerate on their reviews, or just say the silliest things. One person stated that the pond looked dirty, and smelled.......... IT'S A POND! .... someone complained that the pool was too small..and that the tree frogs were too loud..... etc etc.

I've been to many places, and i thoroughly research everytime. But i also am smart enough to understand that not everywhere is the same, and not everywhere is for everyone. But i make the best of it, i take things with a grain of salt. i will never let the colour of a wall ruin my vacation.

I just don't understand how some people can have such a "disasterous" stay..... these countries rely on tourism and have alot of competition...

If you stay somewhere and are so displeased with everything..... ask yourself if you did your research......

Negril
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews....

I totally agree!!!!!!

I thought it was just me that noticed these ridiculous reports!

If ony people packed a modicom of common sense aswell....it wouldn't go a-miss!!!

Strange people out there!!!!

RESPECT XXX

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
447 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews....

Research is your friend and most bad reviews I have read seem to complain about things that could have been known before choosing the resort. You spend lots of money on your vacation so it only makes sense to also spend the time researching your destination to ensure you don't have such a bad time that you feel the need to post a bad review.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews....

It's amazing what people will complain about huh!?! We go to CSA, never been to CN other than a day trip last year. At CSA we were RIGHT BY the Koi pond and it was great, the frogs sang every night. I loved to just sit out on the verandah and listen. This year we are in a BFVS and I can't wait (since last time was in 2007 on our honeymoon) to sit out on the verandah and listen to the waves crash in....I love to read the bad reviews and laugh.

Edited: 26 November 2010, 15:28
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews....

Hi Torontotwo;

If you would like a really good laugh, please read through this old thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147313-i70-k37184…

so sorry to see it closed!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,387 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviews....

Ein,

I know exactly what you perfectly what you mean about listening to the tree frogs. I love to fall asleep at night to them. I am glad to hear they are wonderful at CSA. Didn't know you had a chance to go to CN this summer on your vacation, I thought, like me, sand gravity took over for you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
834 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviews....

************You mean the tree frog noise isnt piped in on speakers in the trees????????????????????

Cali
Level Contributor
572 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reviews....

That's funny cause I've heard so many people ask that question!!!! Seriously???

Toronto
Level Contributor
451 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reviews....

Marnie:

I read through that and had quite the laugh!

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,155 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reviews....

So often negative reviews come from 1st-time posters. Not people who frequent this forum before their trip, do their research, read the reviews, etc.

Also it's humorous when they complain about things that the hotel or resort has no control over, like the weather! -suze

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reviews....

It's a shame they closed the thread... it was a daily giggle for a lot of us!