We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Negril Transfer to Rick's Cafe???

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
241 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Negril Transfer to Rick's Cafe???

Heading to CN in 10 days and was wondering if there is a tranfer from the hotel to Rick's and back. If so, what are the departure and return times. Is this included in the AI package (thought I read that somewhere on this board but could have this mixed up with something else). If there is a cost, do you know how much it is? How far is CN from Rick's?

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,162 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Negril Transfer to Rick's Cafe???

I think you are getting it confused with the free shuttle to Margaritaville on Wednesday. They may do a trip to Rick's but it may cost you additional money. Trip to Ricks is about 10 minutes ( tops ). Roundtrip cab fare is about twenty dollars per couple.

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Negril Transfer to Rick's Cafe???

If you call Rick's, they will send a taxi for you. You're on your own as far as getting back to Couples. $10.00 is overpaying to get back, but the taxi drivers kind of have a captive audience after sunset at Ricks.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Negril Transfer to Rick's Cafe???

Couples will arrange a good driver for you at Ricks. It will cost $30. per couple return( in 2009).

The driver was very good and when we were leaving Ricks he called us over, which was good because all I could remember was his name(Stormin Norman) and that we were in a small white van.

They take you over at 4pm with a return around 7, so no need to eat at Ricks as you can still eat back at CN... We did have a few Redstripes and tipped the divers so all in all I think we spent about $60 for the trip.

Take cash, Ive heard one horror story of a friend using a credit card at Rick's and it was copied..

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Negril Transfer to Rick's Cafe???

should have mentioned that $30 was from CN...

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
241 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Negril Transfer to Rick's Cafe???

Thanks for the information. Down to 7 days!!! Can't wait :o)

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Negril Transfer to Rick's Cafe???

Please let me know if you did the trip to Rick's and if you enjoyed it when you return. We are heading to Couples Negril for our first time ever to Jamaica, and are looking for hints and tips on what to do.

Enjoy your vacation!!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Negril Transfer to Rick's Cafe???

Artie, when are you going? You will love Couples Negril.

You might want to check out the Couples website, they have a message board and you can get a lot of tips and ideas from there. Just becareful not to over plan, sand gravity has a way of taking over.

Also you will want to take the catamaran cruise to the cliffs it is a fun time and the veiws are very pretty. Also the sunsets from the beach at CN can be pretty amazing.

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples Negril Transfer to Rick's Cafe???

Sorry for the late reply Blondie, Xmas holidays and all! :) We arrive on March 9th for 10 nights. I turn 50 on the 15th, so wanted some place special for that.

Thanks for the tips. Have been keeping an eye on the MSG board, and definately getting some great info from it.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples Negril Transfer to Rick's Cafe???

Artie,

Understand all about the holidays. I hope you have a great time at CN. For some thing special for your 50th, you should look in to the private sunset cruise. It is $250, they take you up past the light house and around the cliffs. Serve you wine and cheese, I think. We have not done it yet, something new, but I am planning on it this summer for my husband's 60th.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples Negril Transfer to Rick's Cafe???

All the best for a great New Years Blondie, keep the DH's 60th quiet he easily passes for 50th..

have fun at CSS

PV