We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

point village negril

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
point village negril

the last we heard from another tour operator ,was that there had been criminal activities committed by the security staff,on people staying at pv one reason why t cook pulled out .if this is true why wasnt anything done earlyer or warnings given when you enquire about this resort . we stayed there two years ago and had no problems , would realy like to go back there, it was a brill laid back enjoyable place with some great friendly people .but only if assured it was safe ....has anyone else heard the same ???

La Mesa, California
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: point village negril

Bill, I believe you're a real person but when exactly were you there? Were you a hotel guest or did you rent privately?

missouri
Level Contributor
429 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: point village negril

My experience there a couple months ago was wonderful! One of the owner, Ken Henry, was great. Our rental exactly what we wanted.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
775 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: point village negril

Well last time I poked myself I was a very real person as well.

If there were food and drinks available onsite into the night I would buy into PV in a heartbeat. It is by far the most natural and untouched beautiful property I have been to in Negril. It is quiet and safe, there is not another property in Negril I would even think about bringing my very sheltered children to. At PV I would feel comfortable letting them roam un attended to play in the cave or the bay, or the basketball hoops, or the playground. Anything other then crossing through the fence with access to the nude areas which is also security guarded. This is also a property I highly recomend for weddings on the natural rock pools out front with booby cay in the background, hoping one of my daughters will do it one day.

And those are all based on my personal experiences and observations from 2010 and 2011.

There are so many units at PV village and they all have different owners, that's like 50 seperate hotels in essence, to slander all of PV no matter your experience is not fair to the good owners. State your experience and with whom specifically.

The resort function as a whole is gone. Staff are not there to serve you any longer. There are grounds staff and security, it is a different operation than what you experienced.

Oh yes and before it's said I don't work for anybody or have any ownership anything in PV. I like this place and will stand strong behind it. As I said if options start up again , i will buy in.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: point village negril

Bottom line is that this is no longer a resort operation. If you want to rent a condo there you would be "living" there as would any full or part time resident - buying groceries, cooking, making your own bed. You could of course hire housekeepers or cooks but it is the definition of "self catering". It is safe and within a "compound" type of situation as any other condominium complex would be. It sounds like the property is lovely and private. But you can't expect stuff that just isn't there.

I choose the self catering route and have for ten years...but my situation is very different as I choose to live in an actual Jamaican neighborhood. To each his own.

Lincoln UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: point village negril

The really good news is that on our return to Point Village next year for a couple of months we won't be running in to grumpy Bill from Dallas!

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: point village negril

I don't think there will be a full A/I type resort coming soon. Lots of difficult situations to sort out first. In the mean time, if you are looking for something very different (not touristy, not an All Inclusive compound, private but on the beach) then Point Village is a great place to stay. Lots of us live there and enjoy it.

As to having a late night eatery or drinking place, it is called the fridge and kitchen! Several of us also have regular get togethers at sunset (near the rock pools, anyone on property is invited) and on the beach (every so often). Most of the owners that come for short time periods also host parties or have small gatherings.

37. Re: point village negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 17:17