We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't decide between CSA & CN. Which do you like best & why?

New York
6 posts
Save Topic
Can't decide between CSA & CN. Which do you like best & why?

Hi, I've been to Ocho Rios many times but now I would like to visit Negril. I've been looking at CSA & CN and for the life of me, I can not make up my mind as to which me & hubby would like best. From the reviews that I've read so far it seems that the beach at CSA is a little better than the beach at CN. This isn't a dealbreaker at all but again, I just can't decide. So if you've been to both, which is your favorite & why? Also which room type did you book?

Thanks in advance?

Mentioned in this post
Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios
Jamaica
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't decide between CSA & CN. Which do you like best & why?

Haven't been to both but we love CSA. The beach, the resort layout, the fact it's not like a hotel (no hallways) the food,the spa, and the gym. Lastly the people that work there. Going back for the third time in April.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't decide between CSA & CN. Which do you like best & why?

Ok here are the differences between the two:

CSA is villa like, 3 story buildings while CN is more of a row type set up but still low rise buildings. CSA has an amazing fitness centre with tons of tennis courts, squash, gym, lap pool and juice bar.

CSA is a beach centred resort (in 2 weeks we never went in a pool) while the action at CN is at the main pool.

CSA has more dining options than any other Couples

CSA has Ultimate Chocolate the piano man and he is worth the trip by himself!

Hope this helps

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
692 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't decide between CSA & CN. Which do you like best & why?

I loved them both, and you really can't go wrong with the outstanding food and service at Couples, but my preference is CSA. We stayed in a beachfront verandah suite and loved it - we had a gorgeous view on the ground floor. CN has a very nice beach, but CSA's beach is even more amazing. I loved the fitness facilities at CSA - great gym and juice bar (I really enjoyed the soursop juice, and then another day I had a post-workout Guinness - my kind of juice bar). SeaGrapes is a vegetarian restaurant right on the beach at CSA, and the food, atmosphere, and service are wonderful. We also loved Patois Patio at CSA - dinner was great, but it was nice to have a relaxing non-buffet breakfast - I still remember enjoying the shirred eggs with shrimp, and looking at the beautiful foliage visible outside the restaurant. Again, we loved both resorts, and would return to either one with no hesitation, but we are more likely to return first to CSA (or CSS, which we just returned from - our first stay in Ocho Rios after 14 years of Jamaica travels).

Mary

Mentioned in this post
Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't decide between CSA & CN. Which do you like best & why?

Basically CN is much smaller then CSA. So it would depend more on if you would prefer a smaller or a larger place to roam

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
4,165 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't decide between CSA & CN. Which do you like best & why?

CSA better location

CSA LOVED the Ultimate Chocolate as other post said. Also better Disco and CSA had a great Martinni bar!

CSA larger resort

CSA more dining options as other post said.

CN better main pool, but CSA had more pools

We did like CN beach grill better then CSA but certianlly not a deal breaker.

We also liked CSA room styles better

Colorado, USA
Level Contributor
567 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't decide between CSA & CN. Which do you like best & why?

We've stayed at, and really enjoyed, both. I probably liked the beach at CN a little better, but my wife would say CSA. We both liked the fine dining restaurant at CN much more. However, the large verandas on the rooms at CSA, the fitness center, Sea Grapes, and martini bar have made CSA our clear favorite.

New York
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can't decide between CSA & CN. Which do you like best & why?

Thank you all so much for sharing your opinions! I think I'm sold on CSA. For all of the reasons you all mentioned, it just seems like CSA would be a better fit for us. We just want to sit back & relax, enjoy the beach & the sun, some beach activities, have great food/drinks & a bit of entertainment here & there. I also like the description of the rooms at CSA. Now all thats left is to make our reservation.

Thanks again!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can't decide between CSA & CN. Which do you like best & why?

IF they are available I highly recommend a BFVS, they are right on the beach.

9. Re: Can't decide between CSA & CN. Which do you like best & why?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2011, 06:18