We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bloody Bay Or Long Bay

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bloody Bay Or Long Bay

Which beach is better? We were looking int the Riu resorts, but saw they were on Bloody Bay. Is Bloody Bay as nice as Seven Mile Beach?

Mentioned in this post
Bloody Bay
Bloody Bay
881 Reviews
Jamaica
mississippi
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bloody Bay Or Long Bay

I have stayed on both, and they both are gorgeous. The only difference that I could mention would be that there was more traffic on Long Bay. But I enjoyed it so it didn't bother me.

Lansdowne...
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bloody Bay Or Long Bay

Bloody Bay was THE PREMIERE piece of gorgeous Negril beach - then it was pretty much taken up by the bigger A/I hotels the got built there, and now it's usage is limited to the guests of those hotels. So, while it might be the geographically prettier piece of beach, you would have to stay at one of the A/I's located there to be able to enjoy it.

There are also many lovely places to stay on the Long Bay side, which is open to all (and IMHO is way more fun) - these are mostly non-A/I hotels, and also where the more fun beach (IMHO) action is.

Edited: 22 January 2011, 04:58
Mentioned in this post
Bloody Bay
Bloody Bay
881 Reviews
Jamaica
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bloody Bay Or Long Bay

If you had to pick a non AI on long beach that is a fairly priced one, where would you stay? Keep in mind we love the beach.

mississippi
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bloody Bay Or Long Bay

I enjoyed Coco La Palm on Long Bay.

I also really liked Couples Negril on Bloody Bay.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Bloody Bay
Bloody Bay
881 Reviews
Jamaica
Lansdowne...
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bloody Bay Or Long Bay

oh gosh there are SO many nice ones and they are ALL on the beach! (there are other hotels on the other side of the road too but of course you can look at the ones on the beach side). I personally stay in a cottage while there, so i can't tell you specifically about each property, but many others here will be able to - I've heard wonderful things about places like ... Tree House, the Palms, Rayon (have been there as a visitor, and is it is gorgeous!), Country Country, Charela Inn, Kuyaba, CoCo La Palm, Rondel Village...... there's just loads of them.

try checking out this website, it has many hotels listed, with photos, that might help narrow it down to those that fit your liking -- www.negrilonestop.com

at the top left you'll see "customize your vacation", and then the first link is "choose resort", then click "from beach map", and you'll see the list of hotels along 'seven mile beach' (that's Long Bay). Once you have an idea of some that look good to you, come back and ask about those properties, the people here are very helpful with info!

Edited: 22 January 2011, 05:20
Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bloody Bay Or Long Bay

Thanks so much for your help. We're planning on going in April before spring break.

Lansdowne...
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bloody Bay Or Long Bay

by April most of the spring breakers will already be gone so that's a good time

also, i forgot to say - as you're looking at the map, the further "upbeach" you go towards bloody bay, the nicer the beach & water is (generally speaking) so that might help narrow it down a bit for you....

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bloody Bay Or Long Bay

Thanks again!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bloody Bay Or Long Bay

I've stayed on both and much prefer Bloody Bay...even the water is calmer..

Mentioned in this post
Bloody Bay
Bloody Bay
881 Reviews
Jamaica
Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bloody Bay Or Long Bay

I like Long Bay better because I like to walk the beach, and I like all the people. :O)