We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Sandals - can we use facilities at Beaches & BSB

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying at Sandals - can we use facilities at Beaches & BSB

Just been looking at the facilities at Beaches Negril and Sandy Bay, and was interested in possibly trying some of their restaurants and using the water park whilst we're there. Is this allowed? Just went on the Beaches website and was told by a live webchat that the Sandals and Beaches don't have exchange priviledges. I'm confused, as thought they did. If we can, do we need special passes or anything?

Edited: 26 January 2011, 16:19
Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Sandals - can we use facilities at Beaches & BSB

LOL, got to love those rep's. They're wrong most of the time. You most certainly can. Just be sure to carry your key pass. You can walk over to Sandy Bay then shuttle over to Beaches Negril. On the way back ask the driver to drop you off at SN. Enjoy....

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Sandals - can we use facilities at Beaches & BSB

However you may not be able to reserve the restaurants. Never did nor have I ever heard of anyone doing such. But other then that you most certainly can use the water sport facilities, as well as the buffets & bars.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
876 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Sandals - can we use facilities at Beaches & BSB

If your staying at SANDALS you can use Beaches...but NOT the other way around. If your staying at Beaches they don't allow you to use Sandals facilities.

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at Sandals - can we use facilities at Beaches & BSB

OMG! The chat reps are hitting a new low with this example of bad information. Sadly, this is becoming the standard joke about how inaccurate the reps for Sandals & Beaches are....

As True says, you have full free exchange priviledges to both of the Beaches resorts as a guest of Sandals. If you were staying at Beaches, then no, you would not have the priviledge of using the facilities at Sandals but that is not what you asked.

Just make sure you check out with the guard shack on your way off property and let them know where you are headed. They will ask you as you approach by beach at the Beaches resorts what you are doing as well. Just let them know you are guests of Sandals and make sure to have your "Sandals Membership Card" (they give this to you at check-in) with you.

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at Sandals - can we use facilities at Beaches & BSB

There is only one restaurant that requires reservations...unless they have changed it again....and that would be Kimonos. Since there is a Kimonos at Sandals Negril, not sure why you would want or need to go to the Kimonos at Beaches Negril. Other than that, just make sure to go early for dinners or plan on eating pretty late because the families will go early.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at Sandals - can we use facilities at Beaches & BSB

That is probably why I never heard of anyone ever reserving a restaurant.

Now I should also know this being how many times & how often I am there but don't you need reservations at at least one of the restaurants at Sandy Bay ? I thought you did. However staying at Sandals I don't see a real need to even do such

"Sandals Membership Card" Yes that's what I meant. Just so you know zferguson1983, It is a card with your names & stay dates on it. You would of known this would be what was needed when you received it upon arrival.

Edited: 26 January 2011, 18:32
Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at Sandals - can we use facilities at Beaches & BSB

Thanks very much for all of your replies. They have been very helpful. Having never been to a Sandals or Beaches resort before, I wasn't sure of how things are done, and having searched on the Sandals own website, I couldn't find anything on it. Don't think we'll be going to Kimononos there - as you said, what would be the point if we have one at our hotel.

Looking forward to our stay, and our wedding at Sandals Negril in April.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
356 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at Sandals - can we use facilities at Beaches & BSB

Yes we actually stop at Sandy Bay on our walks. We also go to Beaches Negril and ride the water slides and have lunch. They never ever had asked us for any cards but we bring them andyways. Just show your room key card cause it has Sandals on it. We also went to the Italian rest for dinner a couple of times when they were redoing the one at Sandals. She just asked for room number and didnt seem to mind at all. We also at a couple of dinners at beaches Negril. There is a shuttle that goes from Sandy Bay to Negril every hour on the half hour and returning from Negril every hour on the hour We just would ask the driver at Beaches Negril to drop us off at Sandals and no problem ever.

9. Re: Staying at Sandals - can we use facilities at Beaches & BSB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2012, 05:26