We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary trip in May Sandals Whitehouse or CSA??

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary trip in May Sandals Whitehouse or CSA??

I posted a question to this similar in the Whitehouse forum, but figured I might get more responses here. My husband and I are trying to plan our first year anniversary trip in May to Jamaica. Last year we went to St. Lucia and had a wonderful honeymoon, but didn't do an all inclusive. We got tired of always watching how much money we were spending and decided we definately wanted to do an all inclusive this year, plus the resorts we went to were really quiet and didn't have much entertainment or activities going on. We are 29 and 26 and this will be our second island visit. We are stuck between Sandals Whitehouse and Couples Swept Away. What we are looking to do is lots of watersports, eat good food and have lots of options for activities. A good room is important, but doesn't have to be marbled floors and such. Any help I would greatly appreciate!!

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,601 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary trip in May Sandals Whitehouse or CSA??

Congratulations on your 1st Anniversary!!

You have picked a wonderful Island of Jamaica and IMO will do great with an AI. We have been to St. Lucia and loved it! While Jamaica is similar in many ways it is also different in so many.

It is my HONEST opinion to stay away from Sandals. You are simply paying for the name. I have stayed at a Sandals property as well as a Couples, Negril to be exact.

Couples offers everything and more then a Sandals ever could but at a less expensive price point. We have found the best prices for Couples is found at CheapCarribean.com If you belong to E bates you can also get an additional 2.5% off when booking with Cheap Caribbean. E bates is free & there are no strings attached.

Have you been to Couples message board? If you have any specific questions let me know.

Happy travels

Momma Frodo

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary trip in May Sandals Whitehouse or CSA??

We have honeymooned and vacationed at CSA and love it, never been to sandals cuz we prefer couples go with.which.one pulls you. From what I hear since never being to sandals couples has more for your $

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary trip in May Sandals Whitehouse or CSA??

Do you want to get off the resort and explore the surrounding area? There's pretty much nothing walkable from whitehouse where couples swept away is located at the top end of a bustling beach...

Significantly different locations, each having it's own merit but changing the vibe and possibilities for the guests... If you are torn, maybe that decision will make it easier...

Enjoy

Chelle

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary trip in May Sandals Whitehouse or CSA??

BDCTraveler25 your new to this site so I think it is fair that you know that some here have outright personal agendas & go out of their way to spread such. That said you can not go wrong at either... Sandals WH if a fantastic resort with a large & private beach since it is located in a region where there is not as much opportunity for local vendors & opportunist to flourish. While Couples is located on a much busier beach where the waterline is traveled frequently by such.

As for the resorts themselves, both have waterspouts included & good food, entertainment ect. So you will enjoy your stay regardless which one you decided on.

5. Re: Anniversary trip in May Sandals Whitehouse or CSA??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2016, 14:30
philadelphia
Level Contributor
356 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary trip in May Sandals Whitehouse or CSA??

I have been to both. I like both resorts for different reasons. It depends on what you are going for. Whitehouse is more secluded and very quiet on the beach. There are no kids walking on the beach, no vendors, no people selling you smokes or fishing trips etc. You dont have the jet ski guys yelling and going back and forth. Whitehouse is a very large property and very nice. Nice basketball, tennis, gym and even squash courts and nicer pools. Also Whitehouse will have no wild night life of any kind. More of a sit around at the piano bar sipping martinis. Couples is in Negril where there is alot of action. There are public night clubs to go to. Also if you want to do any excursions. You will be alot closer. Also a busier beach. Vendors, jet skis, para sailing, Other guests from other resorts walking the beach.. Good Luck Both resorts are great.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,002 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary trip in May Sandals Whitehouse or CSA??

We have not been to Couples before but have heard good things.

As far as the Whitehouse, we have been there four times. and love it. We like to get awhile from the busy beaches with vendors and crowds. The WH beach is quite remote and therefore there are no other resorts or businesses on either side, providing the ultimate in privacy.

It is a very large property that provides tons of privacy. You can always find a lounge chair on the beach or at any of its pools. They have three very larges pools with swim-up bars, all with their own atmosphere.

There is always entertainment or music to be found throughout the property. The watersports are great. They off snorkeling, sailing, waterskiing, glassboating, windsurfing, kyacking, and even scuba.

There are five great restaurants to choose from. Several great bars, including a very nice Martini Bar. Oh, there is also a very nice French Pastry Shop.

There is always great evening entertainment.

Have fun deciding.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
91 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anniversary trip in May Sandals Whitehouse or CSA??

I have stayed at both resorts and prefer Couples with out question.

We loved everything about our experience at Couples.

The only thing I liked about Whitehouse was there were no vendors on the beach. But the beach wasn't even nice! And the food was terrible. Also, the service Disney-esque. Avoid!

9. Re: Anniversary trip in May Sandals Whitehouse or CSA??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2012, 09:03