We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highly recommend Kenny for tours!!

America, The...
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Highly recommend Kenny for tours!!

My husband and I just returned from Negril. Following the advice of other posters, we booked a day tour with Kenny Salmon. His email is: kennyjamaica@gmail.com. We had a great experience! He took us to Mayfield Falls and then to a great local restaurant in Savannah La Mar for lunch. He arrived exactly on time for our tour, hugged us like we were old friends, and then kept us smiling all day. He is very knowledgeable about local history and culture. He has a full repertoire of jokes. Most importantly, we felt safe the whole time. The roads to and from Mayfield are in terrible shape, and apparently have gotten worse in the last few years. Kenny navigated them cautiously, and was profusely apologetic when the poor guy blew out a tire on an unavoidable and huge pot hole. He drove safely to a nearby tire center, and we were back in business 10 minutes later. We will definitely use him for future t ours. Please feel free to ask me any questions here or pm me if you want to know more about our experience with him.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Mayfield Falls
Mayfield Falls
1,077 Reviews
Jamaica
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
JuJu Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Road Map Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Paradise Tours Jamaica
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Sexy Rexy Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Cincinnati OH
Level Contributor
257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Highly recommend Kenny for tours!!

Can you tell me how much US dollars the tour was? Was it an all day adventure? Any other information you have about the falls would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

America, The...
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Highly recommend Kenny for tours!!

We were gone for about 6 hours and paid $120 per person, plus tip to Kenny. We really enjoyed this trip. The falls were amazing and the drive was beautiful. Our guide once we got to the Falls, Sheldon, was extremely knowledgeable. It was an active trip, involving lots of stairs going down to out up from the Falls, plus climbing through the mineral pools. But the roads getting to the falls were in very bad shape. Apparently, they were washed out in a hurricane several years ago and the government hasn't done much to improve them since then. If I had to do it over, I'd probably do a trip to YS Falls, the Black River, and Pelican Bar. But I don't regret this one at all. It was rustic, unique, and beautiful. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to try to answer them.

Mentioned in this post
YS Falls
YS Falls
1,740 Reviews
Jamaica
Black River
Black River
357 Reviews
Jamaica
3. Re: Highly recommend Kenny for tours!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2012, 06:16