We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Swept Away how to cross road to get to sports bar

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Swept Away how to cross road to get to sports bar

Is there a bridge or light that allows you to cross the road at CSA to get to the sports bar and fitness center? After reading all the pedestrian warnings I was wondering how safe it is to cross the main road.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Swept Away how to cross road to get to sports bar

No worries! They have 2 wonderful crossing guards that stop traffic and make sure you get across safely.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Swept Away how to cross road to get to sports bar

Yes, however as per the pedestrian safety post please be sure to watch for the cars behind the ones that my be 1st to stop as it is very common for other approaching cars to pass any stopping cars, crossing guards or not. This is exactly how one scenario played out for us a few trips ago. Three cars stopped in one direction while the fourth idiot approaching decided to pass them as we were crossing & about to step past the nose of the 1st car into the opposite lane of travel where he flew by us without any care what so ever. There was no one coming from the other direction which left that lane wide open for him to feel compelled to just disregard the fellas with the stop sign, the stopped cars & "us", even though we were nearly about to step out in front of him. Many drivers there just don't care.So expect the unexpected

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
675 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Swept Away how to cross road to get to sports bar

The crossing guards at CSA are very helpful, and they will make sure you are safe. Enjoy the fitness center - it is great, and a perfect destination if it rains in the afternoon - have a Guinness for me at the bar (or a soursop juice).

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Swept Away how to cross road to get to sports bar

No, there are crossing guards with stop signs. A ped bridge would he ideal though LOL.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Swept Away how to cross road to get to sports bar

Thanks everyone! I'll suggest the bridge to the management when I'm there. First time to Jamaica. I'm excited to check it out.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Swept Away how to cross road to get to sports bar

"Thanks everyone! I'll suggest the bridge to the management when I'm there. First time to Jamaica. I'm excited to check it out."

I find this rather humourous really. I doubt Couples will spend millions to build a bridge for its guests to cross the street when the children of Jamaica walk on the roads to get to and from school. Jamaica is not a safety paranoid society like Canada. The crossing guards at Swept Away are the only ones I have ever seen in Jamaica. I have never seen any to assist the children.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Swept Away how to cross road to get to sports bar

I agree Marnie, LOL

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
834 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples Swept Away how to cross road to get to sports bar

Make sure to bring the bridge blueprints with ya?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples Swept Away how to cross road to get to sports bar

The children don't need a crossing guard. Only the silly Americans need them since they forget that Jamaicans drive on the left side of the road. They look the wrong way before crossing. Hee Hee.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples Swept Away how to cross road to get to sports bar

Any reason why this post is taking this direction ? 1st off Couples is not the only resort where they assist guest across the street. The Grand Pineapple & Sunset at the Palms also do this. Yes for us sissy tourist. As far as the children of Jamaica, they have other more serious issues to contend with besides being run down by cars. Many of them are going missing every day never to be seen again. Yes this also happens everywhere, but it is a serious problem in JA . This post was in regards to a simple & legitimate question. There was no need to make a mockery of it