We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ClubHotel Riu vs; CSA

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
ClubHotel Riu vs; CSA

Ok,

I have been reading multiple reviews and checking out the pictures of each resort. I was booked for Riu and @ the last minute convinced my husband to switch to CSA... now my question is

with the price difference, was switching really a good idea? we both enjoy hanging on the beach and in the water... food, as well as drinks is very important to use along with a clean room.

This is our 3rd trip to JA and wanted to actually stay on 7 mile....

thanks,

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ClubHotel Riu vs; CSA

You cannot go wrong with Swept Away. It is a much smaller property than RIU and you will see a huge difference in the service. The price may be higher up front, but look at what is included at Couples that you pay extra for at RIU. Just the tips you will not be giving out will make up for the price difference. If you haven't looked at the list of inclusions, go to the Couples website and see.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,130 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ClubHotel Riu vs; CSA

I have not stayed at Club Riu, but have stayed at a Riu in Playa del Carmen.( they are all kind of the same, just different locations). If you enjoy a beautiful beach ( the best imo) , couples only atmosphere, a resort decorated to reflect jamaican atmosphere, excellent food and service, many included water sports, including the Catamaran cruise, restaurants that can offer a romantic gourmet dinner, probably the best Sports Complex in the Caribbean , very good nightly entertainment ( again with a Jamaican vibe ), with lots of space, so you never feel crowded or rushed : then I would say you will enjoy Couples Swept Away better then Riu. ( and the not tipping part is great too !).

Edited: 25 February 2011, 22:30
Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,334 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ClubHotel Riu vs; CSA

we have stayed at both resorts, for the two of you, CSA would be a good choice, everything you mentioned that you wanted...the Riu is huge and if you get booked in Building 4 you will have a long walk to everything plus the beach is ok but not like at CSA, we got a great deal at the RIU so we chose it this last trip but you will not go wrong choosing CSA to stay at...have a great trip, wish we were going back..........

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ClubHotel Riu vs; CSA

Thank you all for the wonderful replies, I just went & printed out the list of inclusions and I think we made a good choice!

Thanks again

-Dee

5. Re: ClubHotel Riu vs; CSA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 14:16