We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is tap water safe to drink?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Is tap water safe to drink?

What is the tap water like in Negril? Is it safe to drink like in Barbados?

Also does anyone know is it hard or soft water? I'm asking this as it can make a big difference to how my hair turns out (it's very fine) and to whether to bring shampoo or not.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is tap water safe to drink?

Yes it's safe to drink in Negril and it's hard water

Chelle

United States
Level Contributor
11,483 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is tap water safe to drink?

Yes

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is tap water safe to drink?

Yes, the water is great out of the tap. The water is hard. I have very fine hair as well and for some reason it just loves the water in Jamaica! It's like a great hair day every night when we go to dinner :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is tap water safe to drink?

Excellent. Thanks for your replies. Those were the answers I was hoping for. So no need to pack shampoo.

Wouldn't it be great to bottle this water and bring it home. Hair would always look good!!!

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is tap water safe to drink?

Pipe water good. Make hair silky smooth.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,068 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is tap water safe to drink?

The water is so pure it is almost hard to drink. No need for bottled water except for the airline ride.

7. Re: Is tap water safe to drink?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 15:16