We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Negril

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Negril

Need some advice. Looking to honeymoon in Negril in May. We are in our 20's. Looking for an AI that is lush, romantic, beautiful beach, good food, service, etc.

Have been looking at Sunset at the Palms and Couples Swept Away. CSA is about $500. more for the week we are looking at. Would it be worth the extra $? Anyone been to both? Any other recommendations?

Thank you for your help.

United States
Level Contributor
10,819 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Negril

Some other places to look at include: Couples Negril and Sandles Negril, both on the beach, and The Caves which is on the west end of Negril

Ontario
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Negril

Thank you. We'll look into those.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Negril

It's what is included that makes it worth the difference - if you plan to take advantage of the inclusions. CSA has multiple dining options, multiple bars, a larger beach, arguably the best sports facility on the island, extensive watersports, entertainment, and the list goes on. SATP has none of these. CSA is also much closer to off-resort nightlife.

Ontario
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Negril

Thanks - probably won't do any off resort night life - looking just to kick back and relax after months of wedding planning. Will do some day excursions though.

Any thoughts on which resort would be better for honeymooners? Is it an older crowd at SATP?

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,598 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Negril

Couples Swept Away and Coupels Negril includes, Top shelf liquor, snorkeling, catamaran cruise, hobie cats, beach flag service for drinks, the best food of any AI we have been been to in 20 + years of traveling the Caribbean & Mexico, top notch service at every turn etc.

IME Couples Negril is the most romantic resort I have been to. The hammocks nestled in secluded spots, the beach, hot tubs, gardens is just perfect.

For $500.00 Couples is the way to go.

Edited: 12 March 2011, 18:38
Ontario
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Negril

Happy to have your opinion. Thanks.

Ontario
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Negril

Is Couples Negril at Bloody Bay? Is it quiter at that end? I'm not sure what the differences are between CN & CSW.

Miramichi, NB Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Negril

As a newbie to Jamaica myself and based on my research it sounds like CN is your best choice to relax and be romantic. Yes it is on Bloody Bay which more secluded and private than CSA's beach. Certainly nestled far enough away from the busy Long Beach yet close enough to visit using a Trading Spaces day as we are planning to do in April when we arrive at CN. This gives you one day at CSA to explore the resort and more of the Jamaican culture on Long Beach.

If you choose a Couples Resort be sure to sign up to their Rewards Program to do the trading spaces to CSA/CN. It is free with just a sign up.

Either way, for the extra $500.00 I think you'll find it is worth it to choose Couples Negril for your Honeymoon considering many day activities and excursions are already included that quickly pay off that extra $500.00 Not to mention, you'll get arguably the best food and service you can find in the Caribbean according to its rewards and reviews.

Either way, I hope you have a great wedding day and honeymoon!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon in Negril

It is more than worth it, we honeymooned at csa and it was spectacular. Most relaxing, romantic vacation ever.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon in Negril

SATP is across from the beach not on the beach. One of the things we enjoy at CSA is having the beach just steps away and the location makes for long walks which we do often. SATP has a beach club on Bloody Bay and it is nice but IMO not the same.

There are far fewer dining options at SATP and I cannot imagine much of a nightlife while CSA has good nightlife and IMO a great selection of restaurants.

If you into water sports, CSA has a lot included. And their fitness complex is top notch.

I have not stayed at SATP, just visited, and find it to be a charming resort. But it is really apples and oranges to CSA IMO.

I definitely would pay the extra $500 and book CSA.

We have also enjoyed 2 stays at CN but prefer CSA for the rooms (many of which have wonderfully large terraces), the lay out of the resort, the nightlife, the additional food options and the fitness complex. CN has a gorgeous beach and is more private which my husband prefers but I prefer the beach at CSA as it is more lively. CN also has a more social pool scene.

Other than the beach where our opinions are divided, we both prefer CSA overall but both are wonderful resorts.

Edited: 13 March 2011, 13:02