We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

couples negril or couples swept away

montreal quebec...
Level Contributor
190 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
couples negril or couples swept away

Hi fellow TA members,

We are trying to decide which couples is better. We are in our 50's like to relax read a book and have a drink on the beach float around in the ocean.. not into games or diving... wondering which couples would suit us.. They both are the same price to go.. Anyone give us their comments? We also look at Riu Palace Tropical as an option as well..

Any input would be much apprciated.. We also make our decisions based on the review from Trip Advisor..

Rick and Judie

Montreal Canada

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: couples negril or couples swept away

The RIU is not even in the same league as Couples so I personally would take it off my list. I am not a fan of RIU anywhere but just walking past the Tropical a few times a day was enough for me.

CSA and CN both will provide everything on your list. Both have great beaches, great staff, very good food and a warm Jamaican ambiance that makes for a great adult vacation.

My personal preference is CSA for their rooms, sports complex, spa and nightlife but I have enjoyed my stays at both and would return to either in a flash.

We are headed back to CSA in May for our 7th stay.

Edited: 23 March 2011, 15:42
montreal quebec...
Level Contributor
190 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: couples negril or couples swept away

Many Thanks for your reply, we never knew Riu was not the same kind of holiday resort... we are leaning more between couples swept away and just hope it is a relaxed atmosphere where we can chill on the beach and float in the water and get a wee buzz going as well... ha ha Hoping it is not too much of a 'granola crunching ' holiday resort... and on the same note, hope people keep their clothes on at the beach and pool..

rick and judie

montreal canada

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: couples negril or couples swept away

My wife and I stayed at CSA a couple years ago and there was very little , if any nudity going on. It was quieter than other AI's weve been too as well. You are also pretty isolated from the vendors here.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: couples negril or couples swept away

No nudity permitted at CSA - CN has an AN beach.

Yes, CSA is relaxed but also has lots of water sports and other (non intrusive) activities available should you desire to partake. Not a granola resort by any means :)

Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: couples negril or couples swept away

We stayed at Riu Palace last year; it was nice but not the same catagory as a couples resort. As far as choosing between CN or CSA we picked CSA this year as it is on long bay not bloody bay. When we were at the riu last year it was a bit of a pain to get to long bay, so decided if and when we went back to Jamaica we would be on long bay and will probably do alot of wandering down the beach to enjoy the local scene. We fly out on April 6!!

Akron,Ohio
Level Contributor
571 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: couples negril or couples swept away

CSA is a place that you can tailor to your desires. You can chill all you want, or be as active as you want. As far as the granola, you can eat nothing but meat if that's your plate, or, just veg's if that floats your boat. My wife and I are in our fifties and we leave Sat. for # 4. We've been to a number of resorts, but since finding CSA, that's all we need. It sounds like it'll be all you need as well.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: couples negril or couples swept away

Here is a link to a thread on the Couples message board. It's a review that I think does a decent comparison of CN and CSA from someone who has stayed at both.

couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=13262

virginia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: couples negril or couples swept away

I have never been to CSA before, but I have to put a vote in for CN. It is absolute paradise.

CLINTON, IOWA
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: couples negril or couples swept away

my wife and I prefer couples negril we are not into the night life either and we enjoy just laying on the beach in total comfort. They have the red flag service that is nice!! Give a try you wont be disappointed!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: couples negril or couples swept away

CSA in regards to night life is not a crazy place, it can be as calm or wild as you wish to make it.