We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rockhouse rock table after dark?

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Rockhouse rock table after dark?

I had been planning to reserve the rock table in the evening after my wife and I have our vow renewal ceremony. But as it will be after sunset when we arrive, is the rock table really worth it at this hour or would we be just as well off at a regular table?

Thanks!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rockhouse rock table after dark?

I loved it, we didn't get to Rockhouse at sunset and it was still nice to be out on your own little cliff. It's not like it costs you anything different, just reserve it you'll love it.

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rockhouse rock table after dark?

That's what I was hoping for. Thanks!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
579 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rockhouse rock table after dark?

Yes, it's still worth it! Coleman and Karen from lemer luxury villas (where we stayed at) was so nice to make a reservation for us. In our first visit we immediately loved the place. hope you do too! ;-)

mississippi
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rockhouse rock table after dark?

We've had the rock table several times. I actually preferred it after the sun went down. The best time we had there was when we arrived before sunset. We dined through the sun setting and ended up having dessert and drinks in the dark! It was fabulous.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rockhouse rock table after dark?

We just booked for the 9PM seating. 7PM was open but we are not able to get there by then on the evening we are having dinner there. I was curious as we always go at sunset but I am sure it will special.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rockhouse rock table after dark?

I like Rockhouse for dinner better after dark anyways...

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rockhouse rock table after dark?

Ok, I'm sold! I didn't know they had set seating times, but it makes sense. The 7:00 will be a little later than we wanted, but no worries! Almost down to a week from the trip and I'm afraid this will be the longest week ever...

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rockhouse rock table after dark?

I gave the hostess 10$(just hoping to sit anywhere)and got that table in 2008 and even though the food was just good , it was the most romantic table I have ever enjoyed a meal. Have a great night.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rockhouse rock table after dark?

If you have the opportunity try pushcart also at rockhouse, it's good!

10. Re: Rockhouse rock table after dark?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 15:17