We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat for my birthday in Negril?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
497 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to eat for my birthday in Negril?

We will be in negril for my birthday it falls on a monday. Looking at heading up to the cliffs for dinner but want something more laid back not fancy and expensive like Ivans. Where should we go?Also , what time do happy hours usually start on the cliffs area?Thank you,

Minnesota
Level Contributor
225 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat for my birthday in Negril?

Try Murphy's up on the cliffs. (maybe Murhpy's park?)

k

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat for my birthday in Negril?

Murphy's Park is great and very casual - I did (and have done) many birthday dinners at LTU.

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat for my birthday in Negril?

Sharks.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat for my birthday in Negril?

LTU is great - I would also recommend Chicken Lavash or Canoe Bar for nice,. casual, not expensive, and good food -

Or if it's a Saturday night, you could go to the Buffet at Seastar and have an instant party complete with live band

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat for my birthday in Negril?

We will be at seastar on saturday for sure. This is the first time i heard of Murphys. Planing on a couple days of walking the cliffs area for sure. Keep the ideas coming. We figure breakfast at ixtabi with snorkling and drinks on to 3 dives, canoe for drinks so many places up there to see i hope 2 days are enough.

Dubuque
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat for my birthday in Negril?

Try Sunset after Dark on the cliffs.Great food,huge portions and great prices.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
834 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat for my birthday in Negril?

Have you been to Ivans???? It's not really that expensive.Nice fresh fish&slad for $13 bucks!!! With that view????

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat for my birthday in Negril?

I've never been to ivan's from reading i thought it was more of a dressy type place and a good meal wit drinks thought it was like 100.00 range. Is this the case?

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
469 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to eat for my birthday in Negril?

"Try Sunset After Dark on the cliffs.Great food, huge portions and great prices."

Just FYI....if you don't make it to Sunset After Dark by closing time today - Wed. 3-30-11 you'll be SOL. Patrick is closing until next October!!!

My recommendation would be to go to Seastar Inn for happy hour (4-6PM) then either eat there or walk on down to Shark's...excellent food at both of those establishment's!!!!

BTW: You might want to take in the sunset at Rick's or Sir D's Lookout between happy hour and dinner!!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to eat for my birthday in Negril?

13 bucks thats really resonable. Not much for eating fish is all there menu in that price range?