We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Tensing Pen or Rockhouse

Miami, Florida, USA
1 post
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Tensing Pen or Rockhouse

Originally we were going to honeymoon in RH, but now I stumbled on TP and am really undecided. Any recommendations? We could split the trip 3 nights at each or book all 6 at one. We would be staying in Premium Villa at RH and Rock Cottage 2 at TP but I don't want to regret leaving one hotel once i'm in the other, any suggestions??

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Tensing Pen or Rockhouse

I have stayed at both and they are both incredibly beautiful and special places. In my mind the big difference is that Rockhouse has a much higher density and is a much larger resort. I think if you can get the Rock 2 at Tensing Pen I would jump on it. It is perfect for a honeymoon.

Spa services at Rockhouse are very good and more comprehensive than Tensing Pen so if you need all that on a vacation this may tip your hand in favor of Rockhouse, otherwise Tensing Pen would be my choice, especially at the Rock 2 which is my favorite cottage.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Tensing Pen or Rockhouse

sfjam has provided excellent advice and I agree completely. Go with RC2 at TP.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,913 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Tensing Pen or Rockhouse

I agree that the main difference is the size of the resort. More social opportunities at RH if that's what you want, more privacy at TP.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,236 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Tensing Pen or Rockhouse

I only know Tensing Pen. It is a gorgeous property and would be perfect for a honeymoon imo. -suze

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
371 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Tensing Pen or Rockhouse

Totally agree. TP is so much more intimate and quiet, you will love the vibe and your surroundings. If you are looking for Spa services, Nadine at TP is wonderful, you can't go wrong. the food at TP is great too.

You can always go and have a sunset dinner at RH, which you will enjoy, there is a specal table you can request that lets you have a private romantic meal while still enjoying the great food. Don't split your time at both, you don't want to waste a moment of your honeymoon on moving. Happy travels.

Florida
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Tensing Pen or Rockhouse

We honeymooned at the Rock Cottage II at Tensing Pen and it was perfect! Gorgeous place, love it! Miss it!

Pataskala, OH
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Tensing Pen or Rockhouse

I would go forTensing Pen --- more private and the landscaping is beautiful. I even like the food at their restaurant better than Rockhouse although you have to go to Rockhouse for one dinner because it is such a romantic spot. I do like the pool better at Rockhouse. You can't go wrong with either hotel.

8. Re: Honeymoon in Tensing Pen or Rockhouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 22:16