We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Carribean.com (a question)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
284 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Carribean.com (a question)

Hello everyone , over the last few days I have been checking out deals on CheapCarrribean .com , Im more familair with browsing One Stop Negril website , has anyone used Cheap Carribean before if so can you tell me if you were pleased with them

Thanks !

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Carribean.com (a question)

They are good company, based in Doylestown, PA. My sister worked for them, really liked it, just didn't like the schedule.

They work with the different resorts, hotels, etc to sell unused rooms or special promotions.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Carribean.com (a question)

I used them for a trip to the Domincan a few years ago. Booking was fine and accurate. However when things started going wrong on the trip (airport closed for several days due to bad weather no outgoing flights) they were absolutely no help at all. In fact they couldn't even help book a hotel for a night stating they could only book hotels for minimum of 3 nights. Additionally the rep gave me wrong information regarding the travel insurance they offered. Due to this misinformation it ended up costing me an additional $500 (long story there)

The pricing on Cheap Caribbean that displays when you are searching doesn't include alot of taxes. To get the real price you have to go all the way to the last step of the booking process.

Looking at their pricing I have never had it where a travel agent couldn't match it. And if something goes wrong an agents will actually help you.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Phoenix, Az
Level Contributor
475 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Carribean.com (a question)

I have used Cheap Carribbean twice to go to Mexico, both Tulum and Puerto Vallarta. Their prices were good and the service was good. I didn't have any issues either times so can't speak to that. I can tell you that when I booked to Couples Negril this year, my travel agent was able to beat their prices, even with my discount for using them previously, so I used her instead of them.

Edited: 05 May 2011, 22:42
Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
284 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Carribean.com (a question)

Ok Thanks all , yes I do remember that most of the deals/special pricing

did not reflect the taxes, and therefore some ppl may get excited too quickly before they see all the additional fees. I like the fact that you can pay on the hotel and airfare all together , and you just have to be sure that it's all paid for 21 days prior to travel ... I will check them out .

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Carribean.com (a question)

In light of events that unfolded here surrounding the opening of the Palladium and the owner of CheapCaribbean.com, I would never book through them.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Carribean.com (a question)

When using Cheap caribbean make sure you look into www.ebates.com first!

When using Ebates first then linking to Cheap C you will receive an additional 2.5% off your entire package. Ebates is free!! No strings attached.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Carribean.com (a question)

I have used them several times to JA and Barbados - and had to cancel a trip to Barbados due to a death in the family - they made the refund process quick and easy.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
140 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap Carribean.com (a question)

I dont like the false advertising...may market specials but then its a different price when you click on your specified city....

california
Level Contributor
415 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap Carribean.com (a question)

I used them on my first trip to Negril...didn't have a prob at all.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap Carribean.com (a question)

We used them last year but this yearso far FunJet has better pricing all in.