We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LTU or Rockhouse Pushcart?

Illinois
Level Contributor
205 posts
1 review
Save Topic
LTU or Rockhouse Pushcart?

We are a group of 24 that want to get something to eat before we head to Rick's for the sunset. We are taking a day trip to 7-mile beach. Which place would be better for a group our size? We aren't looking for anything fancy, just a meal and a couple of drinks.

Thanks!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: LTU or Rockhouse Pushcart?

With a group that size it's best to give them a heads-up a day or two before that you plan to come there to eat or you will find yourself waiting a very long time for your meal and even then unless you get there by mid-afternoon you will be lucky if you make it to Rick's on time for the sunset. Thse places may have two servers at best and two in the kicthen

Edited: 20 May 2011, 21:26
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: LTU or Rockhouse Pushcart?

sorry I should have used spell check LOL

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LTU or Rockhouse Pushcart?

Eat before Ricks? I'd eat on the beach personally then go to Ricks...but...

I'd recommend LTU over Pushcart any day of the week. Less "touristy", nicer vibe and view (IMO) and the food is far, far better with a more diverse and interesting menu.

Plus LTU is practically right next door to Ricks so no cabs or longish walks.

BP is right though - definitely call the day before and arrange for a group that large in either place.

Illinois
Level Contributor
205 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: LTU or Rockhouse Pushcart?

We have made arrangements with Reggee Tours to provide transportation and they mentioned making arrangements. I will be sure and have them set things up for us. Where would either of you suggest eating? I really like the cliff idea, most of our group has never been to Negril. I do like the less "touristy" but still do want the vibe and view. It looks like it is LTU for now, unless you have a better suggestion.

Thanks for your input.

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LTU or Rockhouse Pushcart?

There was a similar post not too long ago. I'd still say make reservations if you can at Ivan's. More space for your group than at LTU. Between LTU and Pushcart, LTU.

Maryland
Level Contributor
814 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LTU or Rockhouse Pushcart?

LTU. Good advise someone gave about giving them a heads up a day or so earlier. Food is always good at LTU and it's very laid-back.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LTU or Rockhouse Pushcart?

"More space for your group than at LTU"

I don't know about that. Besides, LTU can easily accommodate a large group - I know, I've had some pretty large group parties/dinners there.

Illinois
Level Contributor
205 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: LTU or Rockhouse Pushcart?

Is Ivan's too fancy for a big group that has come from being on 7-mile all day? There is a lot of "romantic" talk and we will be anything but...

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: LTU or Rockhouse Pushcart?

You will be there before the sun sets. When people recommend Ivan's as a romantic restaurant they are thinking in terms of after dark when it is night lit and has an intimate feel to it. During the day it has a very casual vibe. Ivan's will in my opinion be better than the LTU day or night and has better food and service.

Burlington VT
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LTU or Rockhouse Pushcart?

I'd do the LTU, since it has a nice funky vibe, is close to Rick's (though the sunset is just as good from LTU or Ivan's as Rick's IMO), and it's significantly cheaper than Ivan's. Excellent food at both... I'd give Ivan's the edge for cuisine.