We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Mayfield Falls from Negril

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
How far is Mayfield Falls from Negril

How far is the falls, do thay have a place to put your things, how much to do the falls, and will my boys 14 + 19 have a good time

Thank You

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,890 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Mayfield Falls from Negril

It's about 30-35 miles inland from Negril, along the A2 then up the A1 (I think). Journey time should be no more than an hour or so.

Here is one company who do organised tours from Negril. Use the 'contact us' to find out more.

riverwalkatmayfield.com/specification.html

United States
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Mayfield Falls from Negril

From the roundabout in downtown Negril it is about 25 miles to Mayfield Falls. From the RIU ClubHotel it would be a bit over 30 miles, etc. I would guess it to be a bit under an hour to get to the falls.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Mayfield Falls from Negril

I've been twice. Mileage means very little once you get off the main roads. It takes 1 1/4 hrs minimum.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Mayfield Falls from Negril

Give yourself about 1.5...you may want to stop along the way...beautiful drive!

PEACE!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
455 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is Mayfield Falls from Negril

How much time should we give ourselves to really enjoy the experience? Is it mostly shaded in the area we will be? I guess hot and steamy in the bush but cool in the water. How long is the hike and will our waterproof Keen sandals be good footwear?

MKE
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How far is Mayfield Falls from Negril

You'll be under the jungle canopy - don't worry about sunscreen - in fact they don't want you wearing it (it gets into their water supply).

As far as foot wear goes - they had water shoes available for rent last time I was there. I would wear something that you know is going to stay on your feet. If your sandals have a strap that goes around your ankle they might be OK.

Also - if you get a chance - swim through the cave.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far is Mayfield Falls from Negril

The Mayfield falls are BEAUTIFUL!!! Much better than Dunns River Falls!! It is more private and secluded, you and your boys will love it as my husband and I did!!! We are big kids!! The water is soo strong, you can get a message just sitting there in the water!!

Yes they do rents shoes (crocs) or you can bring your own (I suggest that)You wont regret it!!!

8. Re: How far is Mayfield Falls from Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 02:18