We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Juta from Kingston to Clarendon

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Juta from Kingston to Clarendon

Do you have any suggestions for getting a Juta or bigger transportation from Kingston to Clarendon? I realized there are alot of suggestions from Mobay to Negril but not much from Kingston.

Please advise,

Houston
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Juta from Kingston to Clarendon

We've used Courtney before and he's great. I would suggest contacting him or pm me for more info if you'd like.

www.jamaicatourguide.com

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Juta from Kingston to Clarendon

My husband has used cityguide out of Kingston he recommends a driver by the name of tex...

70 A12 Molynes Rd Kingston 10 Jamaica

Call Now:876-758-3339

However not all drivers will know Clarendon well, not sure if Tex does or not...

If you are going to visit family or friends in Clarendon there may be some value in having them arrange your transport from that side, or at least arrange to have someone meet you in an easy to find place...Might cost a little more but would save some time and trouble...

Which part of Clarendon if I might be so nosey... I called the Parrish home for awhile

Chelle

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Juta from Kingston to Clarendon

Maypen area

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Juta from Kingston to Clarendon

okay.. most kingston drivers should get you to maypen without issues... :) not sure when you are going and how the road work is going but i know they had the bypass shut down recently so traffic might be unavoidable...

Chelle

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Juta from Kingston to Clarendon

You are good!

Jamaica
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Juta from Kingston to Clarendon

The bridge work at May Pen was completed about 2 weeks ago, the bypass is clear again. If you take both tolls, you can be in May Pen in about an hour from Norman Manley.

It will take longer if you pass through town around peak hour.

Edited: 18 June 2011, 23:05
Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Juta from Kingston to Clarendon

Matt: Good to see the bridge is fixed. That's the road / railway bridge? Did you see the cars, mainly taxis, taking the river bed detour? Some couldn't make it up the bypass side leaving town. I took photos that I may post.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Juta from Kingston to Clarendon

I read yesterday that the bridge is open but is still as potholey as ever...

Jamaica
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Juta from Kingston to Clarendon

Yes it was the original railway bridge that has been used as a vehicle bridge in recent years. I didn't see the cars taking the river bed detour, I was always stuck in the big line up on the bypass road.

10. Re: Juta from Kingston to Clarendon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 13:15