We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kingston Tour

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Kingston Tour

We did the Havana tour by cab when we were in Cuba, would the same type of tour be possible for Kingston, I have looked at the FAQ of tours which started in 2005, 51 pages is too much to go through, any help would be appreciated

Luxurious Carib Tours and Taxi Jamaica
Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours
JuJu Tours
Sightseeing Tours
LivUp Jamaica Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Fabian Tours
Sightseeing Tours
United States
Level Contributor
12,399 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kingston Tour

You need to keep in mind that Negril if the farthest point of land in the country from Kingston. Because of this, tours of Kingston by bus, van, or taxi are not normally done from Negril. The trip from Negril to Kingston will take 4 hr. (one way), or a bit more, and the same back. The price for the ground transportation alone would be in the $US300 range plus entrance fees, food, etc.

Two other options are possible. First, charter a plane to fly you from Negril to Kingston in the morning and back in the late afternoon. Try TimAir for a price quote. A taxi tour of Kingston would be easy from the Kingston airport. Option two is to look into a two day bus from

www.exclusiveholidays-ja.com/excursions.htm

The tour covers all parts of the island with an overnight stop at the end of day one in Port Antonio on the other end of the island.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,292 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kingston Tour

Or, from Montego Bay, take the Knutsford Express bus to Kingston early then take it back late...but if you are staying in Negril the whole time that's probably too much travel time, I agree.

If you go to Kingston I'd say stay overnight.

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kingston Tour

Thanks everybody, i guess more research is needed, we like historical places

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kingston Tour

So many tours, doesn't look like I am going find any historical tours around Negril what about 4x4 jeep tours and recommendations

Edited: 19 June 2011, 19:33
United States
Level Contributor
12,399 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kingston Tour

For things to do see the following for some ideas

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147313-c151729/Negri…

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kingston Tour

Thanks for the link,, I think a 4x4 tour is what we are looking for, we had so much fun one the one in Barbados and Jamaica being so big is probably the best bet

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,775 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kingston Tour

I read somewhere once that Jamaica, geographically is the size of Connecticut - however, road conditions / no cut throughs / highways in parts / traffic make for long drives.

For closer tours, what about the Appleton Rum Factory, or The White Witches house in Montego Bay - if you google the white witch you will find a ton of info, and that would give you an interesting historical tour.

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kingston Tour

Interesting story the white which was

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,739 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kingston Tour

Lucea has some historical vale as well... And is only a half hour away... Falmouth is a bit further and also has some history

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,739 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kingston Tour

Opps

Double posted

Edited: 19 June 2011, 23:07