We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heddonism11

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
14 posts
Save Topic
heddonism11

my husband wants to stay there, how raunchy is it?

I have stayed at the blue bay getaway (adult resort) in cancun, mexico and loved it.

just worried that hed11 will be over the top, is it even clean??

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: heddonism11

Hi TTC;

I haven't stayed there, always gone to either Sandals or Couples which are certainly classier than Hedo. You might want to look at DennyP.com. Tons of info on Hedo there and some eye opening articles.

If a party atmosphere is the main goal for your vacation, then Hedo may be perfect. The other adults only resorts on Jamaica are more geared to Romance with your significant other.

Edited: 27 June 2011, 02:58
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: heddonism11

At Hedo, there is a "nude" side and a "prude" side. You can always stay on the prude side and then venture over to the nude side pool area when you settle in, but know that security will enforce the au natural rule on the nude side pool area.

One of the things that keeps folks returning there year after year is the non-judgmental aspect of the place. Your vacation can be whatever YOU want it to be - tame or extreme. And the property grounds really are pretty.

Definitely check out the DennyP website for more info.

Edited: 27 June 2011, 05:04
Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,711 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: heddonism11

Been to Hedo more than 50 times since 1984.

The resort rooms are clean as the maids come daily.

As pointed out above, the resort has a 'prude' zone and a 'nude' zone although bottoms on gals are tolerated.

The rooms are not what I would call elegant but, frankly, folks do not go to Hedo for a 'stay in the room' vacation. I use the room to sleep and change for dinner. The room has a TV but I wish I could have the option to remove it (it is bolted to the wall). The room has a multi-headed shower.

The prude zone has an excellent beach grill, a bar and a pool next to the bar.

The nude zone has a beach grill. A swim-up bar, a therapy pool, a misting pool, and a major sized hot tub (can hold a lot of folks [perhaps over 100]) comfortably which is to say you can have your own space.

The resort has 3 speciality eateries and a buffet-styled main dining room.

Evening offers a stage show, a disco and a piano bar. Many party until 2am or longer.

Unlike the other AIs at Negril (by my observation) folks actually talk to each other rather than find an isolated beach zone to read a book (ok, a few do read books at Hedo, but that is their notion of a vacation).

I go to Hedo for the SCUBA experience (which is FREE!) and the nudist experience. I am not a swinger and the romantic experience with my wife (which is in the room) is a much anticipated benefit. Yes there are swingers there (as there are at all resorts) and I have never been intruded by such activities (never been asked to join, actually).

I know that folks that have never stayed there or the have read the media have inaccurate information. The media wants to sell their product so they tell stories that are misleading and over-the-top. Those that have never stayed there have an overactive imagination. Most travel agents have only spent 30 minutes on a 'tour' that generally does not involve a visit to the nude zone so their impressions are incomplete. My point is to use a TA that has actually stayed at Hedo for more than 30 minutes. PM me if you want my choices.

Book Hedo and discover why folks return, even several times a year.

Edited: 27 June 2011, 15:38
Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,711 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: heddonism11

"my husband wants to stay there, how raunchy is it?"

Be very clear as to the expectations for both of you. Discuss this so you both agree why you are going there.

Hedo is not raunchy unless you want to make it that way for yourselves.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,671 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: heddonism11

I have been to to Hedo II over a dozen times. I agree that the nude side folks are extremely friendly and social. Some swing and some don't. Regardless, the friendliness is "no strings attached" and no expectations.

You may see the occasional over-the-top public display of affection in the pool area, but it is not common and is more "silly, raunchy, playful fun" than serious hardcore stuff. Chances are good that you will witness no such naughtiness.

Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
510 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: heddonism11

I'm heading to Hedo on Saturday for my 7th (I think) trip there. It is a beautiful resort and lots of fun!

Do check out the forum and trip reports on dennyp.com and decide together as a couple whether or not it's a place you think you will enjoy.

As an alternative, you can always stay somewhere else and check out Hedo on a day/night pass!?

Any, as others have said, if you don't like the vibe on the nude side (doubtful) , you still have the prude side to hang out at!

You could actually spend your entire vacation at Hedo without stepping foot on the nude side due to the way it's laid out!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: heddonism11

Someone mentioned the hottub (not to hijack the thread). Is it nice and HOT? I thought in the past I had heard that the hot tubs were always not hot enough.

Oh, and to the OP, I believe for more prude people the prude side is better. I've heard it's nicer, with a nicer pool and you can still use the nude amenities, as well.

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: heddonism11

You can buy a full day pass at Hedo if you just want to check it out. Cost is (US) $100 for men, $50 for women. Inquire at the front desk. Passes are good all day and into the evening.

Maryland
Level Contributor
988 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: heddonism11

As others have said, check out dennyp.com. Make sure you both know what to expect and can be comfortable.

If you stay on the prude side, you will have a lot of beach to yourself. Most folks end up on the nude side.

You will see PDAs at the pool and hot tub on the nude side. Some discreet and some not so. You don't have to look and it is not everyone all the time as some seem to feel.

The hot tub is sometimes too hot and sometimes not hot enough. Most of the time it is fine. You will find that at all resorts.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: heddonism11

At the risk of incurring the wrath of a few of the posters above, I'll give you a different opinion. And we have stayed at Hedo 2 as well as Hedo 3 before it was closed. The crowd at Hedo 2 on any given week can vary greatly, and when there are large groups the experience could certainly be characterized by many as being "over the top" with PDA's all over the A/N side. This is a 40 year old resort, and it looks like it. The room blocks are old, drab looking, have no balconies and the rooms are dated to put it mildly. We're talking old "Motel 6" rooms here. Having hot water for showers and a properly working A/C unit can be hit or miss. Getting towels can even be a task (we went two days there with no towels.) It is a resort in desparate need of serious infrastructure improvement and renovations. The Hedo loyalists seem to be willing to overlook virtually everything, and you always read that you don't go for the rooms, etc. Agree with that, as you go for the people, the party and the overall experience and freedom to do what you want. But if you go, have very low expectations about the resort itself. It is a very nice property, and has alot of very good features.

If you liked Blue Bay Getaway, (now Temptations) you may want to consider Desire Riviera Maya, which is owned by the same company, Original Resorts. Its about 45 minutes south of the Cancun hotel zone. It is a smaller property, but is simply much nicer, upscale, cleaner, contemporary, and has service that is just outstanding. It is on a different level than Hedo 2 altogether.