We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril weddings

San Francisco
2 posts
Save Topic
Negril weddings

I'm looking for places in Negril along the beach to have a wedding. At this point, I'm looking for a place that can accommodate for up to 70 people.

Any suggestions or experiences you can share?

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril weddings

I have seen weddings at Both Seawind and NBCC, they did a nice job - I would suggest contacting Elite Upscale Weddings - very affordable and great wedding planners, located in Negril

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril weddings

I just had my wedding in Negril, Jamaica at Charela Inn. My wedding coordinator was Isabelle Stewart and she was an absolute delight to work with. Not one bad thing to say about the whole entire process/stay! Best of Luck!

Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
510 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril weddings

I have also seen beautiful weddings at both coco la palm and idle awhile that could accomodate that many guests without a problem.

I have also seen many posts on this board and on Negril.com of beautiful weddings held at numerous other places as well.

Good Luck and congratulations!

NEW ORLEANS
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril weddings

Here are our pix from our wedding at CCLP if it helps:

https:/…

and review:

I am going to start off with the wedding as the first installment of the report since it was the most important part and the whole reason we all went down there in the first place, right? That and it's the only part that I have pics sorted together yet anyway. Chronologically, it is out of order, as it was actually our 4th day on the island.

Well the wedding day was Saturday, November 29th at CocoLapalm. We rested up and woke up late in the morning before lunch. We stayed in the honeymoon suite at CCLP which was great to wake up to.

We met our friends Matt & Zinnia who had been travelling together with us since the beginning of the trip and walked over to eat lunch at Chill Awhile. We ordered lunch but underestimated the time it would take to be prepared and eat. Our wedding was not until 5pm but my Fiancé, Stef, was getting worried because she had the whole hair and salon appointment at the CCLP salon. I had also set the both of us up massages with Sarah Champlain before the wedding. With time starting to crunch we had to leave Chill Awhile without our food to go get started on everything. Our friends stayed behind and brought us our food later while we were getting ready.

Time all of a sudden became an issue and unfortunately Stef had to give up her massage session with Sarah and left for the salon. So I had a wonderful massage from Sarah that left me woozy and feeling like I had taken some valium. I really recommend Sara as she really knows what she is doing and cares about the quality of her service rather than just going through the motions. After the massage, I packed up my stuff and left the suite to get ready in Matt’s suite. I left the honeymoon suite for the bride to get ready and all the girls to go and help out there.

I was finally ready and walked down to the beach and restaurant area to start greeting guests that were arriving. We had a total of 14 guests: parents, Grandmas, sisters & close friends only. Most guests were scattered staying at various hotels: Legends, Beaches (due to the Pineapple seasonal closing), and CCLP. A couple of guy friends of mine were literally just checking into CCLP from the plane at this time and were rushing to make it down for the ceremony.

Stef and I have been together for 11 years, she was still in high school. We have lived together for about 6/7 years already and own a condo together and all of that. We just had not gotten married yet. I had just finished my Masters (MBA) this year and she just graduated college last year so finally all of our excuses ran out and it was time to get married. I had been asked many times in the months leading up to the wedding if I was nervous and I did not think I was at all since we had been together for so long. But now, in the minutes right before the wedding, I could not stop sweating under my suit. I am greeting people just waiting by and I am soaking through my shirt. I had a rag in my hand to wipe my face that I kept putting in my pocket. The photographer, Kino, had been up in the suite with the girls taking pictures this whole time and had now worked his way down to where I was waiting with the guests and started snapping some photos. I must have looked nervous or something because he started suggesting for me to take a sec and drink a red stripe. He did a great job as you will see from photos and was actually very instrumental in helping me out with my nerves. He said it was my first time (getting married) but he had done it many times (taking photos at weddings, I hope he meant anyway).

We all moved to the actual ceremony location and took our posts to wait for the bride to come down. Now I’m in full-fledge shower scene mode from all of my perspiration. The mento band starts playing “Here Comes the Bride” and all of the girls start walking out with the bride last walking with her father. When she joins me under the arch, I can tell by her face that she is very nervous also. The ceremony went very smooth and was very nice. The location was right on the beach and sand under a beautiful arch decorated with tropical flowers and everyone sitting right in front. The minister’s speech was sweet and to the point, we said our vows, and just like that we kissed and were married to applause and music from the mento band.

From there we moved to the table to sign the certificate and then closer to the water for some photos of us and the guests.

Next the party was moved to CCLP’s restaurant area right on the beach while we took some pics in the suite and took a breather and smoke before joining everyone else downstairs. The reception was great as it was now getting dark and it felt like we literally had the whole place to ourselves as we ate great food , drank, cut and ate cake and listened to the mento band play some great versions of songs. The whole occasion felt so private and quaint that it fit our personalities so well. We are kind of a low-key couple and didn’t want to go through with the whole huge spectacle of a wedding at home, especially since we’ve been together for so long. Everyone that made it was because they really cared for us and wanted to go. Everyone had such a great time and let us know how happy they were for us and that we did it this way. Lots of people questioned our decision but everyone agreed on how great it was afterwards. It was the first time out of the country for some and some had to travel from other countries to go (I am from Honduras). All in all Mrs. B at CCLP did a great job for us setting everything up and I could not imagine us having gotten married another way.

This is a link to more & better quality pictures on picasa. They can be viewed as an album or as a slideshow:

…google.com/stephanielanter/…

I will follow this report with the rest of the trip from the beginning.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,236 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril weddings

I bet Kuyaba would be a good place for a reception. Great food and nice ambience. If you need some giudance, check out jamaicaelegantweddings.com. They come well recommended.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril weddings

Thanks nolanmr for your post and pictures! Very helpful! We are getting married at CCLP next year! Did you book your photographer through Mrs. B?

lolgirl1
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Negril weddings

My friend, Maggie, can put together anything you want. She is a transplanted Minnesotan who has lived down there over 40 years. Her contact info is: magztur@yahoo.com, 876-860-8640. Talk out what you want your wedding to be and she can make it happen from licensing to flowers to cake and food. Tell her Mary gave you her info and enjoy.

8. Re: Negril weddings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 22:18