We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril For Young Feeling Seniors

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Villa
Level Contributor
328 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Negril For Young Feeling Seniors

Looking for the following:

a. All Inclusive

b. Friendly and helpful staff

c. Don't really care to be with rug rats. Raised Ours!

d. Snack Bar

e. NIce Accomodations

f. Reasonable Price ($1,800 PP max.)

g. Good food (Special restaurant not required)

h. On the beach

i. We like 2nd or above floors with OV

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril For Young Feeling Seniors

Adult only AI's....Sandals and Couples, or Hedo if that is your thing

I think breezes allows 16 and up, but IMO 16 is still a kid so I don't consider it adult only.

Lake Villa
Level Contributor
328 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril For Young Feeling Seniors

Thanks for responding. Don't consider a 16 year old an adult either.

Lake Villa
Level Contributor
328 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril For Young Feeling Seniors

Don't consider a 16 year old an adult either. Thanks for the comments.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril For Young Feeling Seniors

If you are saying $3,600 U.S. dollars for two people for seven nights, I would highly recommend a Beachfront Verandah Suite or a Beachfront Suite at Couples Swept Away. They have a beautiful beach and those rooms are a stone's throw away from the water's edge. The porches are large with comfortable seating. Depnding on the time of year you go, I believe you could do it on that budget. And, their restaurants are very good with excellent service and smiles.

Edited: 04 July 2011, 15:04
montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril For Young Feeling Seniors

Hi there Cool.

You'll find Breezes Grand Negril to be a much more reasonably priced resort than the others.

It is also a FABULOUS resort and comparable to the others in most every way. Nicer accomodations and the best oceanviews in Negril imo.

From what I know Ein has never been to BGN. BGN is an adult only resort that allows adult children over 16. I have been there at least six times myself and I have virtually NEVER seen anyone there under the age of about 21 or so... DON'T let her 'insinuation' that you'll find 'kids' there to dissuade you from considering it... FACT is you'll find more 'young, party type guests at the other resorts than you will at BGN. Breezes Grand Negril guests typically skew from about 35-70

Blessings and respect to you, you're going to LOVE Negril !

Steve

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
775 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril For Young Feeling Seniors

You sound like an exact perfect exact fit for RIU Tropical Palace. Your list of wants sounds like an advertising commercial for them. HAHA seriously check them out. They do allow children but I did not see any in each of the times I have been there ( been onsite atleast 10 stays) I do not like this resort for the exact reasons you are seeking it. I like loud young crowds and foolish activity around the clock, non rise buildings. This resort is very geered for older calmer travelers not wanting the those things.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Negril For Young Feeling Seniors

$1800 pp max for 7 days? With or without ar fare included?

Lake Villa
Level Contributor
328 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Negril For Young Feeling Seniors

All inclusive with air! Thanks for your concern/interest in hopes of steering us/me in the right direction.

royal oak
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Negril For Young Feeling Seniors

All RIU's are the same everywhere you go...kind of cookie cutter resort...boring. If you have been to one, you have been to all. Maybe you like that but nothing new to explore and experience. The Cliffs in Negril west end are fabulous and totally diffferent from your usual resort. Most have a sister resort on the 7 mile beach that a free shuttle goes to daily, so I felt I had the best of both worlds. Everybody if laid back and enjoying the atrmosphere! Have fun.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Negril For Young Feeling Seniors

Breezes would fit your criteria and budget.

While IMO and IME it is a good resort for the right price. for us it was not "fabulous" except for the beach.

Rooms are nicer at Couples Swept Away IMO and food and service is better overall.

Breezes is definitely a more reasonably priced option much of the time so may be your best bet.

I would not recommend RIU at all - besides being very crowded at beach and pool we have always seen lots of kids when we have walked by on the beach.

Edited: 05 July 2011, 16:37