We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions from the Negrilaholics

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions from the Negrilaholics

Anyone have any suggestions, looking into Belize and Costa Rica as possible vaca spots for 2012....any of you been? If so any suggestions on places to stay. Thanks!

E

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions from the Negrilaholics

We've been to Costa Rica to the Manuel Antonio Region on the Pacific side. We stayed at La Mariposa Hotel. The hotel sits on a bluff with the most amazing views. The rooms are really cool with open air showers. The staff is very nice and everyone spoke excellent English.

The hotel is about a mile from the Manuel Antonio National Park which is home to a rainforest and hosts white-faced capuchin monkeys, cockatoos, iguanas, and more. Simply incredible! The beaches are beautiful. The hotel ran a shuttle down to the beach in the park several times a day.

Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions from the Negrilaholics

Never been to those. We hope to go to the Hilton in Moorea French Polynesia and stay in one of those over the water huts. That trip will cost some coin. We hope to get it in someday.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions from the Negrilaholics

I have been to certain areas in Costa Rica but apparently not the ones that are known for beauty. Puerto Limon had dark sand beaches with lots of litter - this was visited on a cruise ship so I did not get a chance to explore.

My other visit was work related and I did not stay in a resort area. Be aware that there can be a long distance between the resort areas and the main airport.

I have also been Belize but only by cruise ship. IMO, you generally see the worst of places when visiting by ship so though I was unimpressed, I am certain there are much nicer areas, especially for divers.

We love great beaches and stunning water so are more partial to the BVI and southern parts of the Caribbean based on visits there versus Central America.

Edited: 09 July 2011, 14:51
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions from the Negrilaholics

Well I have poked around all morning on TA and google and I have found some good places also with recommendation from some on here (thanks Frodo)

looking at Roatan and Ambergris Caye, Belize

5. Re: Suggestions from the Negrilaholics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 02:15