We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Negril

East Haven...
Level Contributor
354 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Negril

Just stayed at SN this week. Anyone have any questions?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
104 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Negril

1. Thanks

2. Are there plenty of chairs and floats (for the pool and ocean?)

East Haven...
Level Contributor
354 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Negril

The chairs are plenty..the floats are not. We had to search each morning for the floaties.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
104 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Negril

Thanks.. Floatie shopping I guess... any idea why no floaties?

Were they hidden anywhere specific?

How was the food.... I cant believe no Appleton...... that is un Jamaican!!!

Edited: 17 July 2011, 16:01
East Haven...
Level Contributor
354 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Negril

The people kept stowing them under their chairs from the previous day...We fished them out in the morning since we are early risers.

No Appleton and no Ting. Whats next...Budweiser instead of Red Stripe and buffalo wings instead of jerk chicken?

All the food there was very good and the service was very friendly.

We stayed our last night at Sandals Royal Caribbean and they had tons of floaties.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,932 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Negril

Ting is a product of Pepsi, and the Sandals/Beaches resorts carry Coke products. They haven't had Ting for a number of years, but easy enough to buy at any souvenir shops, restaurants, etc., off-property.

6. Re: Sandals Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2011, 01:18
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Negril

Thanks for asking:) I was wondering what bay sandals negril is in? And was the water very calm there? Did the resort have swimout suites? I am looking at the resorts in negril for my honeymoon in October. Thanks again!

East Haven...
Level Contributor
354 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Negril

I am usually not a booze snob at all but that El Dorado is nasty rum. I bought some VX rum at the gift shop and gave it to the beach bar to hold for us.

SN is on Long Bay. The water is very calm there.One of the best beaches I have ever seen. But the funny thing is that we did not see hardly anyone enjoying it. Most were in the pools. We loved swimming with the fish and even watched a stingray cruise by, very cool. They do have swim up suites but I think they are way over our budget.

Edited: 17 July 2011, 22:34
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,254 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Negril

Yes, great beach, we have been there four times. We had a chance for an upgrade to the swim-up suits, super. And they are above our budget too.

We also are early risers and simply take the floaties if they appear to be unused. When we are done we set them on the side of the pool for others to use.

Alexandria Bay
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Negril

Is Chris still a bartender at the beach/piano bar during the day?

I am kind of pissed that they dont have appleton. WTF! They had it last year.