We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples and Bubba Kegs

Maine
Level Contributor
442 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Couples and Bubba Kegs

Do you think Bubba Kegs and Couples resorts go well together? I've used them at other AI's and find them to be handy. Would they be well received at a Couples resort?

John

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples and Bubba Kegs

No worries, bring it.

In fact if you are a beer drinker there is a tap along the beach at the lunch area at CSA which I always enjoy :-}

Edited: 25 July 2011, 23:57
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples and Bubba Kegs

You can bring it, but they will not make your drink in it. You will have to pour your drink from the couples cup into the Bubba.

The tap is at Sea Grapes.

Edited: 26 July 2011, 00:02
Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples and Bubba Kegs

Really depends on the bartender & how busy things are at the time.

That said, I never had any issues with such in all my visits

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
529 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples and Bubba Kegs

You really wont need them, I never found my drinks lasted long enough to get warm.

Also at Couples Negril the plastic cups they use are about a 10-12oz size, not like some resorts with really small cups.

If you order miller lite they bring you the can at least they did last year.

At some resorts I would put ice water in my bubba but couples even has that covered as they serve small Wata bottles.

take the bubba if you want its your vacation, as others have said though you will probably need to dump your drink in it.

enjoy Couples

PV

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples and Bubba Kegs

Instead of lugging a bubba keg with us we take a couple of koozies. The cups fit in the perfectly as do the water bottles.

PV is right in that the drinks to last that long, there is not a long wait at the bar and of course there is the wonderful flag service so you don't have to wait long for a drink anyway.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples and Bubba Kegs

we do the same Blondie....can coozies work just as well

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples and Bubba Kegs

Yup they are great.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
319 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples and Bubba Kegs

Couples has a new web site and their FAQ's are not as in depth as they were before. On the old list this was addressed specifically and

they did not encourage people bringing their own drinking glasses, especially I would imagine, a bubba keg. Been to the resort brand three times and cannot remember anyone having anything other than the provided cups. I would say that they would not, indeed, be well received at Couples. At either of the resorts in Negril the bar is just steps away from anywhere. Why would you need a bubba keg? I guess I am ignorant and don't even know what a bubba keg is. But it sounds unnecessary.

Chelem, Mexico
Level Contributor
903 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples and Bubba Kegs

jcjnj, Bubba Kegs are an insulated mug that keep the ice in your drink for an extended period. It is just a current brand of insulated mugs that is very cool and IMO overrated. Have one cup of green tea in it and your coffee will never taste the same. A steel insulated mug is a great idea that reduces plastic waste keeps your drink cold, (or hot), and is covered so it keeps the sand out. I'm hoping it is acceptable at our next stay at a couples.

Maine
Level Contributor
442 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples and Bubba Kegs

When I say Bubba keg, I am talking about an insulated mug. It keep drinks cool or hot for 4 hours and they come in various sizes up to 52 ounzes. So let's say I want to play a game of volleyball on the beach, I fill up with my favorite beverage and I'm able to sip from it between plays. I can place the mug in the sand because the top closes and most importantly, it stays cold. That's one of the benefits. Another is taking that long walk on the beach.

I pretty much use it during the day only. They have been popular in previous AI's. Any brand insulated mug will work.

John