We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel location!

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Best hotel location!

My husband and I are planning on going to Jamaica. After doubting where we wanted to go, we were informed Negril was the place to go in Jamaica. I am doing some research and we are looking for a great location to stay where we can perhaps do some walk in distance to shops, restaurants etc. We will be going the first week of September, 7 days, looking for a great cultural experience. We liked Grand Bahia Principe, Jewels Dunn, Riu Negril, Rooms on the Beach, CocoLa Palm, Country Country, and as per reading other posts, Sunset Beach Resort can also be included in our budget. We want to travel to Ocho Rios as well. Looking for close restaurants, safety, comfort, and a great Jamaican experience. Any suggestions, please reply.. This will be our 1st time in Jamaica, Is Negril the town with the closest proximity to activities? THank you !!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel location!

Rooms, Country Country and Coco La Palm are the only three reesorts on your list that are actually on the main beach in Negril. I suggest that you also consider Idle Awhile. All four will provide what you are looking for and are within walking distance of restaurants, bars etc.

Edited: 11 August 2011, 03:30
Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel location!

Thank you for your quick response Blues_Pirate! So from these 4 choices, which hotel will probably have the best amenities, clean rooms,working a/c, and best rooms in your personal opinion?

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel location!

Coco, Country Country and Idle Awhile all have great rooms. Coco has some not so great ones as well but if you go beachfront they're lovely.

This site has nice pictures and rates so you can compare, and I think Blues would recommend booking through them also if you can.

http://negrilonestop.com/idleawhile.shtml

http://negrilonestop.com/cocolapalm.shtml

http://negrilonestop.com/countrycountry.shtml

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,947 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel location!

2nd vote for onestopva.com. Great site to compare hotels, and their rates are typically very competitive. Nice folks to work with too.

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel location!

We booked with them for our first trip to Negril next February

Fort Mitchell...
Level Contributor
700 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel location!

Idle Awhile! Peace

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel location!

rooms is a very nice hotel if i were you i would book an oceanview room

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
826 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotel location!

Ocho Rios is about a 3 hour drive from Negril. Montego Bay is more central for activities throughout the island as it is midway between Ocho Rios and Negril. However, Negril is a much nicer location for vacation.

Illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hotel location!

We love coco lapalm. Go with a deluxe or superior room. (not standard) Great experience.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,516 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best hotel location!

Rooms was great and the location was perfect- right in the middle of 7 Mile Beach!