We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerk chicken/pork-ackee and saltfish

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norfolk VA
Level Contributor
95 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Jerk chicken/pork-ackee and saltfish

Where is a good local place in Negril that has authentic Jamaican food such as ... brown stew fish,Jerk chicken/pork,ackee and saltfish?

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerk chicken/pork-ackee and saltfish

Fattys on the beach road.

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerk chicken/pork-ackee and saltfish

Also Pilots cafe and Coconut International. Both are located on the beach.

Middle of the...
Level Contributor
350 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jerk chicken/pork-ackee and saltfish

Agree with Fattys. Also like Sweet Spot on the beach road and One Mile cook shop at Fishermans Beach. You will see taxi drivers and locals going to all three of these along with the tourists.

Pilots and Coconut are both good but are a little higher priced and cater more to the tourists then the smaller cook shops.

Normally listed in the top for jerk chicken is Best In the West across from Coco La Palm and Bourbon Beach. IMHO the best jerk pork is at the Red Dragon in redground. Ice cold red stripe and spicy jerk port, close to heaven!

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jerk chicken/pork-ackee and saltfish

My favorite for jerk pork is Ozzies - it's on the Morass side of the beach road.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jerk chicken/pork-ackee and saltfish

Sips and Bites on the West End, hands down. The BEST Brown Stew chicken in Negril in my opinion - also brown stew fish as you requested. Oxtail, curry goat - you can get it there.

The only place I know with da kine Jerk Pork is Red Dragon in Red Ground...but they do a version at Pushcart (found it to be a bit "gringo" but flavorful) and WHEN they have it a Bourbon Beach its not bad.

TJs is another awesome spot (also on the West End, on PeeWee Lane) for true local fare...LOVE their pan fried snapper.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jerk chicken/pork-ackee and saltfish

On the beach, the pea soup at Cosmos is not to be missed, and their "fish of the day" is always spectacular and incredibly fresh. Also on the beach, right next to White Sands, Rainbow Arch is a "feet in the sand" kinda place with great jerk and grilled lobster (when available). And out on the road, Best of the West has famously delicious jerk with a BBQ-ey sort of sauce that's a little less traditional than the usual, but REALLY good.

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jerk chicken/pork-ackee and saltfish

My favorite jerk pork is from Dean, the guy that walks the beach. He raises his own pigs. Large spicy every day I was there. I like his better than Red Dragon's, I found theirs to be too dry.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jerk chicken/pork-ackee and saltfish

a second for sips and bites... hands down some of the best food we've had in Jamaica....

Chelle

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,366 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jerk chicken/pork-ackee and saltfish

third vote... Sips & Bites on the cliffs. I had their steamed fish plate (so good I had it twice) but lots of people were stopping in for the brown stew.

Norfolk VA
Level Contributor
95 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jerk chicken/pork-ackee and saltfish

Wow thanks for your feedback... I really love this forum, everyone is so helpful!