We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Swept Away

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
216 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Swept Away

Thinking about going to CSA in April and staying in the Great House which will keep the cost of the trip down. Can someone tell my how these rooms are?

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Swept Away

They are in the main hotel as opposed to the many separate rooming buildings. It is by/over some of the restaurants, the disco & one of the main pools.

Edited: 19 September 2011, 01:39
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Swept Away

Hi Travelpair;

I would stay in any room at CSA EXCEPT the great house. Very much like a hotel with hallways. These are the only rooms on the whole property that are not "villa like." For the difference in price, I would not do it. The Garden Verandah Suites are very nice and don't break the bank. If a TV is not important, an Atrium is beautiful.

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
216 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Swept Away

Thanks for the great info!

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Swept Away

My sister and brother-in-law recently stayed at CSA, and had a room in the Great House. They had a great view and loved the location. It was very convenient to the restaurants, swim up bar pool, piano bar, etc. So different strokes for different folks.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Swept Away

<I would stay in any room at CSA EXCEPT the great house.>

I agree. One of the things we really enjoy about CSA are the rooms - all except the ones in the GH.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Swept Away

Have to agree the GH is not the way to go..we had a great time in the Atrium rooms however..something to consider:)

Tramper

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
169 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Swept Away

The Atrium suites used to be the cheapest class of room, since they had no TV. The problem was that everybody wanted them, and they sold out quickly. When oversold, I think it was a really hard sell to get anyone to upgrade to Gardenview Verandah, or Great House Verandah. Almost no one thought that either of those rooms could have been considered better.

Now the Greathouse Verandahs have the lowest rates, followed by the Gardenview Verandahs, and then the Atriums. If the OP wanted the cheapest room class they picked the right room.

We are Atrium fans ourselves, but I don't think the Greathouse rooms fully deserve the bum rap they get. They are very nice rooms, at a very nice resort....especially for the money.

If I remember correctly, Couples originally had intended the Greathouse Verandah rooms to be above every other class except for The beachfront classes and the GH Jaccuzi suites.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples Swept Away

I met two honeymoon couples staying in the Great House this past week, and they loved their room. The reason they decided on this room ( which I honestly never thought of ) was in case of a hurricane or tropical storm. They felt this room would not flood( which if it did flood, CSA would be in trouble).

If I had never stayed in another room style at CSA I would probably be happy in the Greathouse.

However, since I have stayed in the Atrium Room, I would also not be happy in the Greathouse. But , if the price was right, I would do the room. It is similar to the room style at many resorts.

9. Re: Couples Swept Away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 08:17