We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wireless Internet at Sandals Negril

Central Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wireless Internet at Sandals Negril

We arrive on Thursday, and now that I've completed the pre-checkin process, we are getting emails informing us of optional purchases. One that just came today was highlighting the wireless internet that is available at several of the common areas and also in most of the guest rooms. The literature states that the fee can be charged to your room. Is there a fee to connect to the wifi in the common areas as well? If so, can anyone who's been recently tell me the cost? Also, is there a room where guests can use a resort computer to check email and not have to bring their own laptops? If so, is this free to guests?

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wireless Internet at Sandals Negril

Stayed at SN this past April. Think the one week charge for access was around $35, charged to room. Stayed in Paradise building and got decent wireless coverage in the room and out front on beach. I am unable to answer your other questions as just used my netbook in room/beach.

Totally enjoyed my stay at SN, liked Sundowner restaurant and the pizza place.

Cheers, Winston.

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wireless Internet at Sandals Negril

Stayed at SN this past April. Think the one week charge for access was around $35, charged to room. Stayed in Paradise building and got decent wireless coverage in the room and out front on beach. I am unable to answer your other questions as just used my netbook in room/beach.

Cheers, Winston.

Edited: 31 October 2011, 22:43
Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wireless Internet at Sandals Negril

Cheers, Winston.

Stupid 'smart' phone and operator, apologies for double post...

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,224 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wireless Internet at Sandals Negril

We have been to SN many times but haven't used the WIFI there. However, we have used it at SWH and it was $42.99 for a week. I would thing that it is the same at all the resorts.

Anyway, SN is great and we will be there in April for another return visit.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wireless Internet at Sandals Negril

There is a small room with a computer in it for guests to use. I have heard that the internet on it is rather slow. And there is a charge for that internet as well.

That's one place that Sandals in general is behind the times, in my opinion. There is no free internet/wifi at any Sandals or Beaches resort to date.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,224 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wireless Internet at Sandals Negril

I agree Winne. As much as we love our Sandals, they are really behind on their internet service. But, we don't usually use it anyway. We're on vacation!

Georgia
Level Contributor
134 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wireless Internet at Sandals Negril

Walk down the beach to Our Past Time and use their wireless, at no cost.

Wells, MN
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wireless Internet at Sandals Negril

Yep it's one area that they could improve on, so I have heard from others, up untill now I have always been able to leave the work at home for a week, but this time around the laptop will be going with us, and I will have to do some work while on Vacation, so I'm hoping the connection at SRC is okay, my mother-in-law just can't figure out how to file payroll taxes and such on-line, so I'm stuck, but hopefully it will just a hour or so here and there that I have to be 'plugged in'

9. Re: Wireless Internet at Sandals Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 04:16