We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling at facilities you are not staying at

Ellston, Ia
Level Contributor
137 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling at facilities you are not staying at

We will be staying at Samsara. I have read that you can snorkel at Xtabi even if you are not staying there as long as you buy a couple of drinks.

Is this true? And are there other places with decent snorkeling that you can do this at?

I have read that there are some nice caves for snorkeling?

Thanks,

Nampa, Idaho
Level Contributor
850 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling at facilities you are not staying at

This is absolutely true. If you are staying at Samsara there is great snorkeling from there. You can swim along most of the cliffs. You can enter at Xtabi, Ricks cafe and many others. You will need to provide your own snorkel gear. Be careful if the sea is choppy and if your not a strong swimmer wear a life jacket!

Ellston, Ia
Level Contributor
137 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling at facilities you are not staying at

In your opinion...where is the BEST snorkeling?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling at facilities you are not staying at

Even though it has been abused by human ignorance and damaged by storms the reef is still better than any cliff snorkelng.

Maryland
Level Contributor
831 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling at facilities you are not staying at

I agree with BP, snorkeling at the reef is better than the cliffs. If you do go out there, bring some bread and the fishes will come in masses.

I like the snorkeling around Xtabi...my favorite area is right under their restaurant. There is a cool ledge and and a couple caves.

About 50 feet out from Citronella and a little bit to the left there is a spot where there are probably 100+ starfish. No lie. It is truly amazing. Starfish as far as the eye can see. Pretty cool.

We will be there next week and are planning on doing the Rhodes Hall Plantation all you can eat pizza and all you can drink rum punch and/or Red Stripes. They have a reef right out front. It is $20.00 pp and they will come pick you up from your hotel.

Nampa, Idaho
Level Contributor
850 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling at facilities you are not staying at

I would HIGHLY recommend the snorkeling @ Rhodes Hall. The reef is a bit of a swim but well worth it. We stayed @ Rhodes a few years ago and litterally snorkeled ALL DAY (6 hours in the water).

jamaica
Level Contributor
456 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling at facilities you are not staying at

Middle Shore reef.

7. Re: Snorkeling at facilities you are not staying at

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2011, 02:15
Ellston, Ia
Level Contributor
137 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkeling at facilities you are not staying at

JCT...Where is Middle Shore reef?

Patty...Canoe Bar is on the top of my list for just getting to for a drink...it is great to know that snorkeling is cool there also.

What would the walk be like there from Samsara with my snorkeling backpack?

9. Re: Snorkeling at facilities you are not staying at

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2012, 10:19