We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples resorts: how strict is the dres code?

calgary
12 posts
Save Topic
Couples resorts: how strict is the dres code?

Thinking either couples resorts in Jan. How strict is the evening dress code. My husband and brother in law want to just wear regular shorts and t-shirts and not worry about having to dress up

Chelem, Mexico
Level Contributor
903 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples resorts: how strict is the dres code?

They probably won't have any issues as long as they stick to the buffets and beach grills. Some of the evening restaurants might be worth checking out if they can wear some pants and a collard shirt for an hour or so.

Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples resorts: how strict is the dres code?

have them bring 1 collard shirt and 1 dress pant with closed toe shoes, if you choose to go to couples (been to couples swept away twice) it would be a shame to book a couples resort and NOT bring the required attire to attend the nicer dining experience especially during lobster season.. just 1 of each is all they need and the food is worth it,, trust me..

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples resorts: how strict is the dres code?

Ask you husband if he would go to a really nice restaurant at home in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and you will have your answer. All AI's have restaurants that are less casual (shots and collard t's are ok), but the ones with the best food will require better attire.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples resorts: how strict is the dres code?

Better restaurants always require proper attire.

Yes they are very strict

Why bother going somewhere nice if they can't dress up for a few hours at night.

& was there really any need for 5 post regarding such

Edited: 19 November 2011, 14:31
Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples resorts: how strict is the dres code?

Just keep asking till somebody gives you the answer you like.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples resorts: how strict is the dres code?

Throw a polo and some linen pants on and you're good

Edited: 19 November 2011, 17:14
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples resorts: how strict is the dres code?

Since you posted on the Negril board I assume you are asking about either CSA or CN.

CSA has two restaurants (out of six) where shorts and t-shirt would not be appropriate. As mentioned earlier Feathers requires long pants, collared shirt and close toe shoes for men. Shorts may be worn to Lemongrass, but I would not wear a t-shirt there.

CN also has two restaurans (out of four) where I where shorts and t-shirt would not really fly. Otaheite has the same dress code as Feathers and Lychee would be the same as Lemongrass.

Overall, everthing is quite casual around both resorts.

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples resorts: how strict is the dres code?

IMO, you will miss out on a lot of the best things at Couples if you don't have the proper attire. They will turn you away even if you have a reservation if someone is not dressed appropriatley. That would really spoil my day.

You've spent a lot of $$ to go to Couples. You don't want to waste it by missing out on a great evening.

calgary
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples resorts: how strict is the dres code?

To those who provided the helpful comments I appreciate it!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,439 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples resorts: how strict is the dres code?

Actually Needsbluewater, the only restaurant at Couples Negril that you can not wear shorts is Otaheite, otherwise shorts, sandals and tee shirts are fine.