We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Negril - looking for recent recommendations

cape canaveral
1 post
Save Topic
Christmas in Negril - looking for recent recommendations

Greetings all,

I have a Christmas Holiday in Negril, but don't have a hotel room yet. I have been reading the forums but am hoping that there are some gems yet to be offered.

We would like to stay on 7-mile each at a non-exclusive. The recommendations of the places we have looked at are all over the place: Charla Inn, Sea Wind, Cocoa Palm Beach Club and White Sands.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Negril - looking for recent recommendations

Country Country would be another to consider or Rondel.

I think of the ones mentioned, White Sands is more basic/budget compared to the others.

This website does not have all hotels but has many and they can check on availability and cost of several for you. You also get a discount card for various restaurants and other businesses when you book with them.

www.negrilonestop.com

Kentucky
Level Contributor
31 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Negril - looking for recent recommendations

I would call or email Onestop right away and see what your options are for your dates, then go from there. The Christmas holiday and just after is a very busy time period and your pickings might be getting slim.

Lansdowne...
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Negril - looking for recent recommendations

christmas is VERY busy season - i'd say look and see what is available first, and do that ASAP. That may decide it for you, as many places are already fully booked for that time period.

Edited: 22 November 2011, 23:09
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Negril - looking for recent recommendations

You're looking to go 4 weeks from now,, during a very busy time, I'm thinking your room choice will now relate to whatever is left open! good luck to you, onestop negril .com really does have great room pictures etc. and pricing to help you in this time crunch, please come back and let us know what you booked? hey, you're going to be in jamaica for christmas time, you are already luckier then a lot of us!!

jamaica
Level Contributor
456 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Negril - looking for recent recommendations

Travelers, Shieids and Mariners Inn.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in Negril - looking for recent recommendations

We have been to Negril a few times and are going to be there at Xmas too. I don't think you can go wrong with just about any accommodations on 7 mile Beach. All you do is sleep for a few hours in your room ~ otherwise you are outside enjoying the awesomeness of the Caribbean Sea! We stayed at Charla Inn and Rooms on the Beach and this time we are staying at Treehouse - There are just so many places and so little time! Enjoy :)

Nampa, Idaho
Level Contributor
850 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas in Negril - looking for recent recommendations

Basic rooms try Wild Parrot, Negril Beach Club Condos. Whistling Bird is another small and affordable property. Book very soon!!!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
284 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas in Negril - looking for recent recommendations

I agree yes check out Negril beach Club Condo's , lots of space and price

is good as well , i've stayed there 3 times , Enjoy !! you will love the beach area @ NBCC...

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
79 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas in Negril - looking for recent recommendations

I think Charela is sold out for that period...many hotels have one week minimum. Prices are HIGH. I think CCLP has some rooms left...for $235/night

Kuyaba had some King Suites left, but they were around $190/night.

In addittion to calling NegrilOneStop right away, try the search centers like kayakdotcom , veneredotcom , bookitdotcom , and mobissimodotcom

You may also find it best to call direct to the property at this late date. Also, most hotels are going to expect nonrefundable payment in full when you reserve, since you are within thirty days of holiday arrival. Be sure to get you quote with tax and service included,

Good Luck!

10. Re: Christmas in Negril - looking for recent recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2012, 10:23