We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant choices!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant choices!

I am reading about so many great places and could use some help in deciding where to go. We are staying at Rockhouse for 4 nights. This is going to be a chill vacation so I don't want to work too hard getting around for meals but also want to explore a bit and try the local specialties. I should also note that I am a vegetarian (no meat or fish) and my hubby eats meat and fish. Places that can make us both happy are best!

As far as dinners, we are thinking the first night to dine at Rockhouse, and the last night to dine at Pushcart, both on our hotel property. The other 2 nights I am deciding between:

LTU

Ivans

Hungry Lion

Just Natural

Tensing Pen

As far as lunches which do you suggest?

3 Dives - (only chicken?)

Nyahs - I believe they have both meat and veggie patties

Idle Awhile (anything vegetarian?)

Country Country (anything vegetarian?)

I believe that these are all cliff restaurants. We were also suggested to go to these beach area restaurants:

Gino's at Mariposa Hotel(Italian)

Cosmos

Sweet Spice(Rustic but good local flavor)

Kuyaba

Would any of these work well for us?

Thanks so much for any and all help!!

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant choices!

I am not that familiar with the restaurants in Negril, but if you are staying on the Cliffs, it may be enjoyable to eat on the beach for a few meals.

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant choices!

Dont miss Ivans!!

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant choices!

Returned from a week at Country Country recently. They will do their best to meet special dietary needs. One evening my wife ordered a pumpkin soup and a side of mashed potatoes for dinner -- no problem mon!

Just ask your server, I'm certain they will find a way for you. Very friendly staff, very good food, and an awesome location overlooking the water.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant choices!

Here are some maps so you can see locations and distances:

http://www.travelsinjamaica.com/p/negril-map-of-everything.html#!/p/negril-map-of-everything.html

You must try Ras Rody's delicious Ital (vegetarian) food..more of a food stand so nice for lunch...and it really is the best!

http://rasrodyorganics.com

Just Natural is Ital as well (serve seafood as well) and is a great place with beautiful gardens and the nicest people. Good choice for any meal. Excellent ambiance.

I believe Hungry Lion is Ital as well. We stopped in once but found it very hot (to uncomfortable to dine) and kind of high priced.

I also had some nice coconut creamed vegetables at Shark's

Of the ones on the top of your list Niah's, Idle A While and Country Country are all on the beach. Country Country has a pretty small menu. Niah's is a great lunch stop in Waves Park. Alfred's on the beach is good too and a few vegetarian items

www.alfredsoceanpalace.com/pages/aop4.html

The rasta pasta at Pushcart is really good.

For Italian I would suggest Ciao Jamaica in the cliffs or Sunrise Club on the beach

http://www.ciaojamaica.com/

http://www.sunriseclub.com/restaurant.html

There are many places in particular the jerk chicken type places like 3 Dives that may only have rice and vegetables to offer for vegetarian items.

Some of the restaurants will have menus online so you can check out vegetarian options.

Enjoy!

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant choices!

We really liked Ciao Jamaica: http://www.ciaojamaica.com/

Florida
Level Contributor
424 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant choices!

I second the suggestion that you try Ras Rody's. I don't generally even like vegetarian dishes, but loved his food. And my largely veggie wife loved it as well. Not only is the food great, but the man himself is a pleasure to converse with while eating. You won't find a better experience at a roadside stand.

Iowa
Level Contributor
38 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant choices!

I would highly recommend Presley's which is near the Rockhouse. You need to see him to make arrangements. It is not fancy by any means, but good food and lots of it. A very authentic Jamiacan experience. Do some research before you decise if you are in to fancy accomodations it may not be for you but was one of the highlights of our vacation last year and we plan to go again this year. He does primarily seafood but being a rasta and vegitarian himself I'm sure he would do you a killer vegitarian meal.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,603 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant choices!

Sweet Spice is not rustic..a nice local spot with great food. There will be dishes for both of you as well as fresh fruit smoothies!

Angela's Italian @ the Bar-b-barn on the beach is good Italian.

PEACE!

Ontario
Level Contributor
79 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant choices!

Dont miss Kuyaba. Call them and they will pick you up. Cosmos, Sweet Spice and Cool spot are good too. I have stayed at Idle Awhile and loved their food.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant choices!

Have done nearly all of those places. All good, but.....

Sips and Bites (next door to Rockhouse) is a must-try IMHO. Better than Sweet Spice, and uber convenient. After that, I'd do Ivan's, LTU Pub, or perhaps Hungry Lion.

If you want to hit the beach, Kuyaba would be my top choice for food.