We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back...Samsara/Legends...GREAT!!!

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ellston, Ia
Level Contributor
137 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Just Back...Samsara/Legends...GREAT!!!

We just got back from 8 nights at Samsara, our first trip to Negril.

I will be providing reviews on everything that we did and will be happy to answer any questions.

First however, I wanted to say to all the negative reviewers of Samsara...stay inside the confines of the high end AI's!

This place was awesome. The employees, the grounds, the facilities, the guests, everything was great. (notice that I didn't mention that the food was great, but with Ivans, Push Cart, 3 Dives...Etc close by, you don't have to eat there)

You are paying low end and getting a great mid range or higher place.

Not to mention the free shuttle and exchange priviledges at Legends on the beach!!! If we felt like the people watching on the Beach, we would go there. If we wanted the privacy and seclusion of the cliffs we would stay there.

We did the AI option and feel we really got our money's worth. We only ate breakfast there but we drank all day. The AI option was $30 per day per person more than just the room charge. We both had breakfast and between 15 and 20 drinks a day. We definately felt we got a great value and still felt fine eating off site for lunch and dinner.

Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back...Samsara/Legends...GREAT!!!

I've been saying "SamSara/Legends...GREAT!!!" for years....glad you liked it :)

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back...Samsara/Legends...GREAT!!!

The employees are GREAT !!

The locations are GREAT !!

The managment has a history of playing around with reservations ! So when that happens to you on YOUR vacation--thats not GREAT !

That's one of the problems with them.

HEY !! Maybe they've learned their lesson...because afer they fooled around with my reservation ---I reported them to my booking company and they were removed from this particular companys listings.

So for a fact------I know about some of the games they play on vacationers---so just keep things honest here and don't try to make it like the issues some of us state aren't true..BECAUSE THEY ARE !

Dosen't mean no one should go there---but unless they stop the nonsense--I wouldn't recommmend.

Edited: 12 January 2012, 22:06
Tiverton, Rhode...
Level Contributor
217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back...Samsara/Legends...GREAT!!!

Most of the people that are commenting on this site have more than one visit to Negril at various resorts. They base their opinions on a collection of different experiences.

" Once you go you know" doesn't mean you know everything.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back...Samsara/Legends...GREAT!!!

Hey, I wonder I saw you? I ran into a group of about 20 Samsara guests who were doing a bar crawl across the west end -- on foot! They stopped at Sunset on the Cliffs at one point, and about an hour later I saw them all a few blocks down .....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back...Samsara/Legends...GREAT!!!

I think after 15-20 drinks for 30.00 I wouldn't care where I was staying!

If drinking is your priority I think AI is the way to go

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,520 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back...Samsara/Legends...GREAT!!!

Glad you enjoed it. I have been looking into Samsara for our next visit. I am thinking a split stay between cliffs and beach might be an option. Did you book the AI option or pay for this once you arrived??

Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Back...Samsara/Legends...GREAT!!!

You can do it either way, they're flexible :)

Ellston, Ia
Level Contributor
137 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Back...Samsara/Legends...GREAT!!!

I booked it as AI because it was pretty cheap as I said above. Then I contacted the Motel directly and upgraded to a Pillar House for only $40 US a night more and it was awesome. You could watch dolfins go by in the morning and the sunsets were awesome.

If you are thinking of a split, I would recommend just doing the Samsara and use the free shuttle to go to the beach at Legends. You get all the ammenities of staying at the beach and the security of Legends (Micheal is GREAT!) but the grounds at Samsara are much much larger. It was great to spend the day on the beach but it was always nice to get back to Samsara.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,520 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Back...Samsara/Legends...GREAT!!!

Hubby is insisting on going back to Couples Swept Away. Although I LOVED it as much as he did I dont want to spend the entire trip there. For the $ you pay for CSA you really dont want to leave the resort and pay to eat and drink elsewhere, I want to spend some time roaming around for a few days so thought that might be a good fit!

Level Contributor
98 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Back...Samsara/Legends...GREAT!!!

I have stayed at Samsara 3 times over the past 20 years and always had a great time. The property has definitely improved over the years and the addition of the shallow pool is great. If you plan on doing some celebrating and drinking then the AI plan is a great deal.

We'll be there again in May and will do a split stay at Samsara as well as some beach location.