We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset at the Palms for singles ok

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset at the Palms for singles ok

just want to ask the form. as i looked at this resort and it looks great

Sunset at the Palms

but would it be ok for a single to go to?

be possible place to socialize with others?

cheers

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset at the Palms for singles ok

Great resort, but mainly couples.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset at the Palms for singles ok

Not only is it mainly couples but it is also 3 miles from the start of the main beach action. You were further ahead with the other resorts you were considering. Check www.negrilinfo.com for everything including the Negril Map.

BTW Thunder Bay is my home town.

Calgary,Alberta
Level Contributor
221 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset at the Palms for singles ok

I think if the resort has everything that you like why not give it a chance.You can always venture off the resort if it's too quiet...We'll be a group of 8 there for a week in April and two of the people in our group are singles but sharing a room to save some money.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,068 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset at the Palms for singles ok

Echo BP, the Palms is not centrally located for you to find like-minded singles.

Maybe CoCo La Palm (not an AI) or Grand Pineapple or one of the Merril's

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset at the Palms for singles ok

I was just at Sunset At The Palms less than two weeks ago. It is a beautiful and very unique property. There were a few groups of singles there, although like anywhere it is mostly couples who travel.

The beach area is right beside the Office Of Nature which is an excellent place to socialize or just hang out.

I highly recommend it as long as you are aware that the beach is actually across the road from the rooms.

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

the pas manitoba
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset at the Palms for singles ok

Steve

How close is Sunset at the Palms from BGN? WE had a hell of a time deciding between the two, being that this is our first time to Negril. THere are so many positive reviews for Sunset, but we were concerned if the property was maybe too small for us for a 2 wk vacation. We ended up booking BGN> end of March for 2 weeks.

We do want to take a look at Sunset while we are there though, as so much appealed to us about it.

Have some room questions about BGN to ask you about at some point as well....

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset at the Palms for singles ok

From BGN, walk about half the distance of Bloody Bay and turn right. Just past RIU Tropical Bay.

8. Re: Sunset at the Palms for singles ok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2013, 10:32