We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Little Bay for a weekend (Feb. 10-13, 2012)

Atlanta, Georgia
4 posts
Save Topic
Staying in Little Bay for a weekend (Feb. 10-13, 2012)

Hello,

I am taking my wife to Little Bay for her 30th bday. We are going the weekend of Feb. 10-13, 2012. It will be our first trip to Jamaica and I decided on Little Bay because we didn't want to stay in a big tourist spot. There are several tours that we'd like to take (Appleton Estates, YS or Mayfield Falls, and Rick's Cafe). Would it be difficult to get tour operators to pick us up from Little Bay or should we make our way to Negril to be able to take the tours?

Also, how would I go about finding someone/company to take us back and forth between the two?

Like I said, this is both of our first time visiting the island and I want to have an idea of things will work and even make arrangements before our trip.

Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tim

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Little Bay for a weekend (Feb. 10-13, 2012)

Have you asked the resort what they can do?

Atlanta, Georgia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Little Bay for a weekend (Feb. 10-13, 2012)

Yes I did. They only provide transportation to/from the airport. It's a small family run place so I didn't expect them to do much. It is all-inclusive though...lol.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,901 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Little Bay for a weekend (Feb. 10-13, 2012)

Where are you staying? I have stayed with friend in Little Bay for many years.

I'll be in Jamaica on the 11th and in Little Bay on the 15th!

Who is picking you up from the airport?

You can call Annette and ask for Courtney-1-876-421-4870 (don;t have his number on hand). I can let her know that you will be calling as I am going to speak to her on Saturday.

Many drivers outside of Little Bay don;t want to come to Little Bay because of the ruff roads so if you need someone outside of Little Bay I have a friend who is a licenced taxi driver who does travel to Little Bay.

Little Bay is a perfect chill spot! You will have a wonderful time. While in Little Bay get someone to take you to the cave and the Bob Marley spring!

I can't waite!

PEACE!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Little Bay for a weekend (Feb. 10-13, 2012)

Hello Bushgrl,

We are staying at the Little Bay Cabins. I'm still looking around to find a company to pick us up from the airport. The best rate that I've found so far is $70/each way.

Is Courtney the licensed taxi driver that you are talking about? I would like to use his services since he does come to Little Bay. I don't want to find my way to Negril and then can't get back.

Thanks for your help. Any other advice/recommendations is greatly appreciated.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,901 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in Little Bay for a weekend (Feb. 10-13, 2012)

Courtney lives in Little Bay-I am friends with his girlfriend and stay in their family home. Little Bay cabins are new. Courtney is a lic taxi driver and transports for other guest houses in Little Bay. I would call Annette and ask for Courtney to pick you up from the airport and discuss wanting to so some excursions. If he is not available for your date Annette may refer you to her brother Cug (who also owns a guest house in Little Bay).

My other friend is Mark Munroe 1-876-467-4819-a Negril driver but does go to Little Bay. I think they both charge between 70-80. Mark pickes me up from the airport and brings me to Negril and whereever else I need to go and then to Little Bay. From Little Bay Courtney or his son Kamar bring me back to Mobay. All very trustworthy people! I've know them for many years and traveled alone with them. I now travel with my bushbaby who is 5 and I am very comfortable with everyone!

I'll text Annette and let her know you will be calling. Go to ringyard.com to get a phone card to call Jamaica-don;t call from your phone without it-it's very expensive and ringyard has great calling card rates. Get a $5.

When in Little Bay you should also check the Blue Hole in Brighton-not far. It's a spring 30ft dwn where you can swim or swim in the spring water pool/hang in a hammock at the bar and chill in the bush!

How long are you staying?

PEACE!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying in Little Bay for a weekend (Feb. 10-13, 2012)

Thanks so much for all of the info. I will call them this weekend. We get in Friday afternoon (Feb. 10) and leave out Monday (Feb. 13).

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying in Little Bay for a weekend (Feb. 10-13, 2012)

Just want to correct some thing about Little Bay Cabins.

They are not really New in the sense of the word. This is a old place that has recently been renovated and reopened for guests.

A portion of the property has been accepting guests for several years now...and some portions of this property has been made available to guests from Zimbali Resorts.

The owners are native and long time residents of Jamaica and have been at this location for many , many years.You cannot beat the information and storys these folks have to tell about the "old " days.

The "cabins" are the most recently renovated acomadations and right now if any of you are interested you can get a great deal for a stay on Living Social---5 nights and breakfast for $399.00 . A GREAT PRICE.

Your stay here will be most unique--and is not quite the same as any of the other cabin situations--as the owners themselves bring quite a bit to the table...and the location itself is in a very beautiful location.

The location offers private beach and wonderful waters to snorkle or dive or just swim around.

The grounds are chock full of beautiful flowers and they specialize in the "Vibe" ....this is the place to go ..if you want to just lay back and enjoy yourself and do not want the "champagne and caviar " experience of the high end joints.

Because Little Bay is in a out of the way and quiet area--your driver needs to know how to get there and when you make plans for your excursion either your driver will stay with you or you will set a drop off and pick up time fro the Cliffs , Seven MIle Beach ,Negril or The Blue Hole .Try the Blue Hole for 1/2 a day--you will love it.Its another laid back really nice place to "CHILL " !!

Bushgirl suggestions are good --but also Alrick Allen can get you in and out --and there are others as well...so if none of these suggestions pan out--post again for more names.Either way be sure to carry the phone number of this resort with you in case calls for directions need to be made by your driver.

YOu will LOVE this place and its VIBE !!! Be sure to bring your camera !

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying in Little Bay for a weekend (Feb. 10-13, 2012)

Read on....

http://www.littlebaycabins.com/dining.html

Buffalo, New York
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying in Little Bay for a weekend (Feb. 10-13, 2012)

How safe is this area?

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,901 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying in Little Bay for a weekend (Feb. 10-13, 2012)

very safe, quite, friendly. There are a few main families that have family land and work most of the quest houses. It's a quaint fishing village and you can walk about all hours.

In addition to the cabins where Timothy is staying look at Tansoback, Coral Cottage, Purple Rain, Look Out Cove. There all are "AI" in a sence but not like a resort-you have fresh home cooked meals daily!

Timothy-I told Annette you would be calling if youchoose too.

PEACE!