We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

get away from it all

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
get away from it all

That' what I wanted but I've booked Negril but now worry that it will be too busy and commericial Thought the cliffs would be more relaxed than what I am now reading. Suggestions welcome.

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: get away from it all

You didn't mention WHERE you booked.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: get away from it all

and when are you going. Regardless of the what goes on you are alway able to relax and make the vacation what you want. Yes there are more remote places to go in Jamaica but I'm sure you will be fine.

PEACE!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: get away from it all

Sorry, we are going to be there mid february for 10 days. Place we have a hold on is a Paradise Lagoon Cottage. Which seems should be quieter than the beach. But we are so close to Rick's! Which looks like a bit of a carnival.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: get away from it all

Thanks for the encouragement. We love snorkelling - and small beaches. Any recommendations?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: get away from it all

Paradise Lagoon Cottages

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: get away from it all

Don't worry about Rick's - buses come in, people watch sunset and they are gone...no night time action there (we stay right next door at Banana Shout). You will be able to snorkle from your hotel - they have sea access, cottages are across the road (believe they have an underground pathway to the sea).

For quieter beaches try:

http://www.abingdonestate.com/

or http://www.littlebayjamaica.com/

both not too far from Negril

Lots of good restaurants in this area and yes, it is more relaxed than the beach, although I do not find 7 mile beach to be too crowded, but depends on time of year...most hotels are quite small so not a significant number of quests in one spot.

We usually split our time with a little more time in the cliffs.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: get away from it all

I was not familiar with the new name of the resort so I looked it up. It is the Villa Sur Mer cottage property across the road from the main villas as mentioned by albertagirl and sea access is by way of a tunnel. Interesting upscale resort.

paradiseresortsjamaica.com/property/paradise…

8. Re: get away from it all

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2013, 10:17