We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU - Negril or Och Rios???

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
RIU - Negril or Och Rios???

My daughter is planning on being married in Jamaica in June 2013 and is trying to decide between these two resorts. Any hints, Pro's and cons from any of you experienced people out there?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
775 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU - Negril or Och Rios???

Been to both multiple times. In my opinion and just my opinion the beach at RIU Ocho Rios is far better but the picturesque environments and landscapes of Negril ( with the cliffs) are better. Are you specifically looking for an AI as i know my dream wedding spot for my daughters in Jamaica but it's not at an AI.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU - Negril or Och Rios???

I agree with JML. Ocho Rios for the beach, but we LOVE RIU - Negril. There is a pretty gazebo on the beach, and in the shade, but they have gorgeous grounds for a wedding also. If you'd like to see some pictures of the grounds that may not be on their website, let me know via email and I will send you some. My email is tforswall@sbcglobal.net. Have fun!

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU - Negril or Och Rios???

We got married at Riu Palace Tropical Bay, Negril in January 2009. I absolutely could not fault it in anyway. From start to finish the staff ands reps at the hotel were fabulous. We even went back for our first anniversary and it was just as good! The staff remembered us too.

We got married in the gazebo which was better than the beach for us.

Livingston
Level Contributor
66 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU - Negril or Och Rios???

I et married at the riu negril in 2 wks ill up date you my return x

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
780 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RIU - Negril or Och Rios???

There are 2 Riu Negrils side by side. We went to one a year ago and was wonderful!!

6. Re: RIU - Negril or Och Rios???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 15:18