We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer - KENNY (the one outside the airport) NEVER

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
367 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfer - KENNY (the one outside the airport) NEVER

Agreement by email : Your guaranteed, private transportation from the Montego Bay Airport to Negril would be $60.00us for one(1) to three(3) people. Round trip airport transportation would be $120.00us for one(1) to three(3) people. Your transportation will be provided as soon as you exit the airport. Refreshments (Red Stripe beer or soft drinks) are provided upon your arrival.

One of his driver, Walter, came at the airport. No drinks were offered, he stopped at a gaz station and I paid drinks for him and us. When we arrived at the hotel, he said that he will do the transfer to the airport and asked me to pay now the whole amount, what I refused.

For the transfer to the airport, he walked to meet us and said that he is coming back with the car (?). A young lady was driving. She stopped at the next hotel and Walter was negotiating with two persons that gave him money and without explanation, drop their luggages in the car. I told him that I reserved and paid for a private transfer. He took out the luggages. He was just trying to make a little more money . So, we made the trip to the airport without a word from her for more than one hour. She answered some phone calls listening more than talking so we didn’t know what was going on. About 10 minutes before to arrive, she asked if everything was alright and that she was not aware of the situation. She asked us to pay now as she was not authorized for shuttle airport and if an officer sees her taking money, she may have trouble. I told her that I will pay when I will be at the airport. She insisted and I refused another time telling her that I can’t trust her considering the situation. She started to bawl me out for over 5 minutes. Finally, we arrived at the airport and I gave her the money and was happy to get out of this crazy adventure.

He is out of my list next time.

Respect.

Dudley's Big Ship Taxi and Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours
Rocky's Taxi and Tour Services
Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours
Joe Cool Taxi & Tours Jamaica
Factory Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Swim with Dolphins, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Luxurious Carib Tours and Taxi Jamaica
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours
Kirkwall, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfer - KENNY (the one outside the airport) NEVER

Ouch!!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
328 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfer - KENNY (the one outside the airport) NEVER

LyseLaval-

I am sorry to hear of your troubles..that is the last thing you want to deal with on vacation.

We recently returned from Negril..we used JuJu Tours. Angie picked us up at the airport with water, rum punch, and beer in a cooler. The trip was so pleasant..our flight was late arriving and she did not have a problem with that.

We paid her when we got to the resort, and at the end of the trip when we got to the airport. She made the time pass quickly, explaining the sites, and culture. I would highly recommend her. Felt like we were traveling with a friend!

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,629 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfer - KENNY (the one outside the airport) NEVER

WOW....sounds like these characters are not insured! Did the car have a RED license plate? Did the driver have an identification card with her picture posted anywhere on the dashboard of the car?

How did you find him in the first place?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,162 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfer - KENNY (the one outside the airport) NEVER

Lyse, frodo is right on. These are things you have to know before getting into any car. And payment is always at completion of the drive. Do you have any more info on this Kenny, e-mail or phone. I want to make sure its not the Kenny I have on The List.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
367 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfer - KENNY (the one outside the airport) NEVER

His email is kennyjamaica@gmail.com, phone number 876-384-1371 and he was recommended on Trip Advisor. I don't know if he has a red plate and he doesn't show an identification card. As he was recommanded on Trip Advisor, I trust him and I can't see before to arrive if he has the red plate or identification card. No, it was not an enjoyable experience, I felt really unsafe not knowing what would happen.

mississippi
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transfer - KENNY (the one outside the airport) NEVER

We have used Kenny before and had absolutely no problems whatsoever. In fact, when our flight was delayed by a long time he waited for us at the airport.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transfer - KENNY (the one outside the airport) NEVER

We also had a less than positive experience with Kenny two years ago. He sent someone else while telling us that he would be there and they were late. Then they made a stop that we requested they not make, one of the reasons we pay for private transfer.

He was also late on the return.

We used him based on TA recommendations and will not do so again.

california
Level Contributor
408 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transfer - KENNY (the one outside the airport) NEVER

hmmm. we've been using Kenny for the past 5 years. he has NEVER let us down. As a matter of fact, when we were trying to get to the airport during a tropical storm (which turned into a hurricane), he couldn't get to Negril as the road was blocked by too many trees. He arranged for a friend of his who lived in Negril, to take us...instead of just blowing us off. When we got to Lucea, it was under water...there was NO WAY a car was getting thru (and you all know there is NO way around). His friend stopped a shuttle, and asked the drivers and passengers if we could stow away...as the shuttle was up high enough to make it through (well, it still filled with water and the locals had to push it, but that's ANOTHER story)...anyway...his friend could have EASILY turned around and also blew us off, but he didn't. I can't explain what happened to you, and i'm sorry you had to deal with that...but i CAN say, that in my experience with Kenny over the past 5 years, it has been nothing but OUTSTANDING.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
367 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport transfer - KENNY (the one outside the airport) NEVER

I am happy for you that you had any issue with him but my experience was not like yours and I have to report it on Trip Advisor. There is many other persons recommanded on Trip Advisor that are offering a good service.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,162 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport transfer - KENNY (the one outside the airport) NEVER

Thanks everyone for your input.