We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATI Dream weekend Negril 2012

London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
ATI Dream weekend Negril 2012

I have booked to stay at the Rui Palace is that close to the parties for ATI 2012? I want to be in the best hotel in the middle of everything, did I make the right choice?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATI Dream weekend Negril 2012

The two RIU hotels are about as far away from the parties are you can get.

The RIUs are situated on Bloody Bay, miles from the core of the parties. The main road will be outrageously crowded with cars. Travel time from Bloody Bay to Negril, which in 'normal times' might take 15 minutes, might will take 1.5 hours.

There will be shuttles but they have to share the road with private cars. Many taxis just stay off the road for the ATI period.

Consider Grand Pineapple or CoCo LA Palm as both are centrally located and you will probably be able to walk to the parties.

Or stick with the RIU and plan your travel accordingly.

Washington DC...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATI Dream weekend Negril 2012

Hi, I will be staying at Catcha falling star gardens. Is this too far from the parties? Do you know when the wristbands go on sale?

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,448 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATI Dream weekend Negril 2012

Hedodivemaster, is there not a party on Bloody Bay this year as well? There has been for the last two years.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: ATI Dream weekend Negril 2012

Even though Riu is located at the end of the strip, you are still located on the strip (THAT GOOD). The different between RIU and Coca Palm is that RIU is all inclusive and the one they suggested is not. A few of the parties are located closed to the RIU for example Extreme Wet n Wild. Either way, it not recommended to drive on that weekend so take advantage of the shuttle system.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: ATI Dream weekend Negril 2012

That is too far from the Party, it is located in West End and the traffic is terrible, it is going to be hard to be travelling back and forth, if you can find a hotel on the strip then get one

Washington DC...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ATI Dream weekend Negril 2012

@englishjam thanks sooo much but I am everything is sold out... I am still looking tho. If you have any suggstions please advise.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATI Dream weekend Negril 2012

keep looking but you'l be fine on the cliffs, shuttles run out there same way and will get you where you're going (often shuttles are full by the time they reach the beach,so you either end up walking or waiting)... leave out a half hour earlier than you normally would if you're concerned but in the scheme of life, you'll reach the parties regardless :)

Enjoy

Chelle

Edited: 24 April 2012, 16:39
Washington DC...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ATI Dream weekend Negril 2012

@chell00... Ok thanks I will still be on the lookout but I do like the idea of being alot closer just incase if me or my friends have to walk back to our place...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ATI Dream weekend Negril 2012

i hear ya... i've personally only stayed beach side for ATI, and have rarely took the shuttle... friends who stayed on the cliffs never really complained much, i think most are just glad to have a place to crash for a few hours tho :)

a couple years back i was able to get a room mid beach strip (beach side) about a week and a half out... so keep looking, people cancel, plans change, deposits payment dates are missed and rooms come up for availability...

good luck

Chelle

Houston
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ATI Dream weekend Negril 2012

we booked several weeks ago, but at that time the following said they had some availability: Shields Negril Villas, White Sands, Jah B's (more basic, no a/c), Jamaica Tamboo (more expensive). Of course, that has probably changed by now, but doesn't hurt to check.