We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Quetions

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Topic
Beaches Quetions

My husband and I are considering going to Beaches for our first trip with our 2 year old daughter. We've travelled to Sandals properties a few times and would like to go to Beaches Negril or Boscobel. HAving never gone to beaches or done a vacation with our daughter, I had a few questions:

1. Is it best to get a one bedroom suite so that my daughter can go on to bed and we can still watch tv etc so as not to wake her?

2. Do all the restaurants (even the a la carte's) offer kids menu food or are kids even allowed in teh a la carte restaurants?

3. Are there plently of activities / interesting things to keep a 2 year old occupied throughout the day? My daughter loves Elmo and the other characters so this is why I'm partially thinking Beaches will be a great idea as opposed to disney.

Thanks.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches Quetions

1. You know what's best for your daughter. If she's a light sleeper you may want to get a suite, but our kids were so wiped out from being on the beach all day that they slept through everything.

2. The main restaurant has a kid's corner with kid friendly food. Not sure about the other restaurants since our kids were older and didn't like the food for kids.

3. Our kids never did it, but I've heard great things about the Kid's Camp. Our kids dropped in to tie-dye t-shirts and make palm frond hats, but spent the rest of their time on the beach or in the pool.

Powhatan, VA
Level Contributor
418 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches Quetions

We loved both Beaches properties, but they are vastly different. Boscobel has a great water park and so much activity in one area but with beautiful views because of the cascading cliff side. Negril is flat and spread out. Both are great but just different.

I actually preferred the kids camp at Boscobel and the staff...they were amazing. Negril was good, but I also preferred the fact they couldn't wander down the beach in Negril and were contained a little more in Boscobel.

The characters will certainly entertain your daughter.

As the previous posted said, my kids were beat! Usually we were too and didn't last much longer after they went to bed! Maybe a hour or so, but mine were a bit older and usually in bed around 9ish. We were up early every day and went to bed kind of early. Staying up for the entertainment was pretty hard!!

I love vacationing at all inclusives w/my kids...i never am worried about pulling out my wallet to always be buying food or drinks...we made a deal w/our kids not to ask for gifts, etc until the airport and they could pick one thing in duty free.

Either property bring extra white t-shirts for the tye dye class...they don't provide one for you.

Good luck w/your decision!

3. Re: Beaches Quetions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:42