We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to negril... Few questions

london
Level Contributor
250 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
1st time to negril... Few questions

Hi all,

Finally booked up for June 16th. Staying the 1st 4 nights in montego bay then off to negril for 6 nights.

From my research on TA I know it's rainy season but seems like many people still go in June. Was wondering what its like in June?? Is it busy? How is the nightlife in June? Will bars/clubs get packed or are they pretty empty? Is everything still open?

I have posted this on the montego bay forum to get a better understanding of how it's like there also.

Thanks in advance x

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to negril... Few questions

We have gone in early July and the weather was very hot & humid and some rain, but usually just for an hour or two each day, water was very calm and beach was beautiful! I actually think our April trip had more rain. We have been 6 times ranging from 9 nights - 21 nights at various times of year and have never had any excessive rain.

Not sure about night life as we are early to bed, early to rise kind of people but am sure there were still signs up for nightlife and would think Alfred's, The Jungle, Bourbon Beach etc are operating as usual.

There were a few smaller restaurants closed, but overall things were open.

Enjoy!

Maryland
Level Contributor
819 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to negril... Few questions

Everything will be fine. We were there in June a couple years ago and it didn't rain at all. When we were there late Aug. it rained and YS Falls were raging.

Everything will be open. I found the summer months to be busier than say in November, April, January, etc. As the other past said. It will be hot and humid. June was hot. August was HOT. Our favorite time is the end of November.

You cannot control the weather, so just go and it will be what it will be.

Enjoy!!!!

Nebraska
Level Contributor
433 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time to negril... Few questions

Debating on checking out Negril for the first time this June. Don't mind the heat as long as there is a nice ocean breeze. Any input on breeze from the ocean?

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time to negril... Few questions

Negril is not known as a "breezy" kind of place like you hear for places like Punta Cana. We did stay in July without AC and don't think I would again, yet in Jan/Feb no problem.

anadarko, ok
Level Contributor
888 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time to negril... Few questions

We've been to Negril once and Ocho Rios twice--all I'm June. We have torrential rain one day last June in Ochi. We were there first week of June. The other times we went towards the end of June. Going to Sandals Negril June 23 this year. Hoping for another beautiful week. It is hot and humid but you're at the beach so who cares!

Eau Claire...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time to negril... Few questions

albertagirl is so right regarding Punta Cana! We've been several times in January, February and March. Each time the wind coming off of the ocean was so strong. We have gotten sand blasted on many occasions. That being said the beach itself is wonderful in Punta Cana. Is the wind as strong on 7 mile beach during those months? Comparing those 2 beaches which one is better for walking, people watching.....?

7. Re: 1st time to negril... Few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 00:42