We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CSA Schedule - May

San Diego...
Level Contributor
429 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
CSA Schedule - May

Ok, maybe this is taking it too far and sand gravity may preclude any proper execution, but here is my 6 day schedule for next week at CSA:

Wed ------

Relax on the beach the first day

Dinner at the Palms

Steel drum show

Bonfire and One Man Band

Thur ------

Beginners Scuba Class

Xtabi for some snorkeling or cliff jumping

Dinner at Lemongrass

Blazing Piano

Fri ------

Snorkeling or Water Skiing

Catamaran Cruise

Shipwreck Beach party w/dinner included

Sat ------

Shopping trip

Snorkeling or Water Skiing

Dinner at Feathers

Showtime Reggae Explosion

Request Night - Aura

Sun ------

YS Falls and Black River all day

Dinner at Feathers or Lemongrass or Patois

Showtime Retro or Live Jazz Band

Mon -----

Nature tour

Snorkeling or Windsurfing

Dinner open

Showtime - Int'l night

Top of the Charts - Aura Night Club

Tips? Suggestions? Additions?

Mentioned in this post
Xtabi Resort
Xtabi Resort
492 Reviews
Jamaica
YS Falls
YS Falls
1,757 Reviews
Jamaica
Black River
Black River
361 Reviews
Jamaica
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CSA Schedule - May

I've never even thought about doing a schedule for our trips to CSA and yours is far too hectic for our tastes.

We go with the flow and for us, it is all about the beach and reconnecting with each other. The only thing we actually plan is what night to head to the cliffs for dinner.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
429 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CSA Schedule - May

I think you might be right :)

I am trying to get the most value out of this $$$ trip. I mean we are paying for all activities in the total package, including the sports complex. It's almost like too much of a good thing!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,466 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CSA Schedule - May

Can I start taking bets on how much of this schedule you will get done?

All kidding aside, I think you are waaaaay over thinking things. Deciding on where you are going to have dinner before hand is not a bad idea. But sand gravity is going to take over. You might get the snorkeling in one or two days, but you really need time to just be.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
429 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CSA Schedule - May

Ok, fine. I will just sit on the beach or swim all day :)

I hear that the shipwreck party, steel drum band, bonfire, and cat cruise are not be missed?

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CSA Schedule - May

Being on that beautiful beach with the one you love and nothing to do is worth every penny you'll pay. Reconnection is priceless. We love Negril for slow days with nothing on the agenda but to be with each other. Yes, I sound like a sappy commercial, but it's true. We plan things on other vacations, but not in Negril.

Negril is vacation "unplugged".

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,466 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CSA Schedule - May

I think that is a better plan, do the cat cruise, I would not try to do YS Falls or Black River. They are an added expense, which is not a bad thing but makes for a long day.

The evening entertainment is a good idea and of course scuba, snorkeling and/or wind surfing, but those are all things that you can do at the resort and plan as you go. Trust me sand gravity will take over.

As this is your first time, then I would at the very least go to Times Square for shopping and the craft market is cool.

Mentioned in this post
YS Falls
YS Falls
1,757 Reviews
Jamaica
Black River
Black River
361 Reviews
Jamaica
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CSA Schedule - May

<I hear that the shipwreck party, steel drum band, bonfire, and cat cruise are not be missed?>

In 7 trips we have done beach party once, and never did the others on your list though we listen to the live music most nights.

<Trust me sand gravity will take over> <We love Negril for slow days with nothing on the agenda but to be with each other.>

And that is why we go, to simply relax and enjoy each other's company in a beautiful setting.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
4,182 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CSA Schedule - May

Leaving in 2 weeks. I am a schedule person. This is our 3rd trip to CSA and even though I have done most stuff there I want to make sure i dont miss the cat cruise, piano bar ultimate chocolate show, bon fire, snorkeling, repeater dinner. Want to take advantage of all the included activities. I just had a friend get back from CSA and she didn't take advantage of any of the included activities. I can't imagine paying this price and not taking advantage of anything!!! She didn't even go to one single show at night!! I personally can't wait to do it all!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
429 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CSA Schedule - May

Aha someone is on my side :) I agree. I think folks are just saying don't cramp your schedule with so many activities that you miss the serenity of the beach and ocean. I really don't want to do the YS falls and black river tour, but my (male) vote doesn't count. When will we get our equal rights :)

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,613 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CSA Schedule - May

Me too. I can sit sill for about 30 minutes total. I do planon hitting the gym by 7, diving at least once a day, waterskiing daily, cat cruise, all the nightly entertainment, and a trip to the cliffs and a lot of beach walking. The only way I can sit is if I am engrossed in a good book...so not much connecting there. Hubby and I connect by hanging out and doing fun things together... Not lying around doing nothing but soaking up the sun. I can assure you sand gravity will have no effect on me... I could possibly see myself floating around in the ocean, bt not sitting all day. I can do that here at home on the beach or by the pool. But that's just us:)