We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ratio of nude- non nude at BGN c/o beach

Waterloo
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
ratio of nude- non nude at BGN c/o beach

What would be the average ratio on the clothing-optional beach. Are more totally nude or are most in various forms of beach dress.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ratio of nude- non nude at BGN c/o beach

From my one week experience at BGN, it changes with the mix of people there - there are constant check-ins and check-outs. For the first timers to a CO beach, day one is putting the toe in the water, and day five they're wishing they were bolder on day one. Funny how some will lay face up, for hours, with nothing on, but have to put something on to stand up. Those are Day One or Two people. Most peeled it all off on the beach or by the pool, and wandered around the area while we were there.

AZ
Level Contributor
168 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ratio of nude- non nude at BGN c/o beach

A number of years ago when I was there it was a 90-10 split (totally nude). There was a number of women (maybe 7-10) topless but we saw a few of them get nude by the end of the week. There was also a group of clothed salesmen from Canada having a meeting at BGN that "walked" the A/N beach each afternoon. Many people gave them crap and by the 4th day they stopped. If you are nervous, don't be, go, strip and enjoy the freedom. You will love it!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ratio of nude- non nude at BGN c/o beach

tanfasticAZ; please don't put all Canadians in one catagory.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,229 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ratio of nude- non nude at BGN c/o beach

Just the salsemen maybe? (bratty - sorry)

We find similar themes at Hedo. Most folks start out timidly then are quickly comfortable w/ A/N.

YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ratio of nude- non nude at BGN c/o beach

tanfastic....when we were there it was a group of Italians but don't know whether they were salesmen or not ;-)

I was a first timer last trip, tried it first day - it was a now or never moment - but still didn't get comfortable walking up to the bar... maybe tomorrow - JA here we come :-)

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: ratio of nude- non nude at BGN c/o beach

Why should it matter how many are totally nude and who is wearing an article of clothing? If you are comfortable with yourself live for the moment. It is an opportunity that may never happen again. Nobody else knows you, will ever see you again and nobody else cares.

Waterloo
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ratio of nude- non nude at BGN c/o beach

tanfasticAZ I thought you could tell by my name that we have done this before. We have been going to many nude resorts and beaches over the years. I prefer resorts where total nudity is required as you know what you are going to get. Also keeps out the Canadian, Italian, American whoever looky-loos. Clothing-optional can very greatly.

AZ
Level Contributor
168 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ratio of nude- non nude at BGN c/o beach

Traveler please re-read the post, I said a group of salesmen from Canada. It was a group of pharmaceutical Reps from a single company, had they been for Florida I would have said a group of salesmen from Florida. I can't help that this is where they were from!

AZ
Level Contributor
168 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ratio of nude- non nude at BGN c/o beach

Sorry tanguy, didn't look at the name. Rock on!

So. California
Level Contributor
817 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ratio of nude- non nude at BGN c/o beach

Allovertanguy.... A majority of the people on the c/o beach are nude, some of the ladies just go topless. With the layout of the c/o beach you will see some people in swimsuits but a lot of these people have rooms on this side and they might be coming and going from thier rooms. Only one trip in the last three did it seem that there was a lot wearing swimwear, they were a large wedding party that liked to monopolize the jacuzzi and bar. Shortly after that trip BGN put up a sign stating that the bar and grill were for c/o guests only.

YQG..... Don't drink all the rum before we get there, looking forward to meeting you, only 4 more days for me!