We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of the year to visit

ireland
Level Contributor
802 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Best time of the year to visit

we were supposed to go to negril 2 years ago but were unable to go.we are now hoping to go next year but normally it is sept when we get to go on hoildays.But reading this forum it seem that september is very quite.while i dont what it very busy we do like a nice buzz to be around.So my qustion is when is the best time between June and October to go.

MN
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time of the year to visit

Your time frame is in the low season, and the beginning of hurricane season so the crowds will be a little thinner, but I don't think you will find it empty.

United States
Level Contributor
12,402 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time of the year to visit

The entire period from June to Oct. is 'low season' in Jamaica. The entire period is also rainy season in Jamaica and hurricane season (possible but not probable). For the time period you list, I would go the first week or two of June or the last two weeks of October.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time of the year to visit

we have been in July and it was hot, hot, hot and not too much rain.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
71 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time of the year to visit

We went in June last year and will be there in June again this year. We love going in June. It's not too crowded and since it's low season, the rates are usually much lower. We've been lucky as far as the weather. Last year, we only got one brief afternoon rain shower, which was actually nice. One of the downsides that we noticed about June is that since it's low season, several places were closed or had extremely limited hours. Many of the vendors also aren't out, which some think is a positive thing, me not being one of them. Last year in June no patty guy, ice cream, etc. : ( Saw a few others though.

ireland
Level Contributor
802 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time of the year to visit

Thanks for that I think we will leave it till the last week of oct maybe first week of nov.Will just have to keep reading up on it.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
890 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time of the year to visit

definitely a lovely time to go---take a look at resorts on the Cliffs to get a feel for the Real Jamaica, as opposed to the all-inclusives on the beach.....ie: seagrapevillas.com where I have been going for 10 years or so----nice big house right on the water-----

7. Re: Best time of the year to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:41